జాతీయ నాయకులకి ఎన్.టి రామారావు ఆతిధ్యం, దగ్గరుండి వడ్డిస్తున్న రేణుకా

Govindu

Lakshmi's NTR trailer: Ram Gopal Varma's intriguing take on NTR's life will surely court controversies

Entertainment

Updated Feb 14, 2019 | 12:15 IST | Gaurang Chauhan

Lakshmi's NTR trailer is out now! Helmed by Ram Gopal Varma and Agasthya Manju, Lakshmi's NTR is claimed to be the real story of NTR's life and about his controversial relationship with Lakshmi Parvathi.

Check out Lakshmi's NTR trailer
Check out Lakshmi's NTR trailer 

Last month, the first of a two-part biopic on the life of legendary actor and politician NTR released. The movie had his son Nandamuri Balakrishna playing the lead role. Titled NTR: Kathanayakudu, the movie was panned by critics upon its release majorly for not touching upon any of the negative side or controversy of NTR's life. Many accused the movie of glorifying the former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh. 

While the second part, NTR: Mahanayakudu is slated to release later this month, Ram Gopal Varma has gone ahead and released his take on the life of NTR. Claiming the movie to be NTR's real-life story, the movie mainly focuses on NTR's controversial relationship with a woman called Lakshmi Parvathi. The movie is based on his life post his defeat in elections in 1989 and what followed next. The movie had already garnered buzz and looking at the trailer it will surely court controversies. 

Interestingly, Ram Gopal Varma's love for weird camera angles and shots isn't going anywhere. The trailer of Lakshmi's NTR too is filled with such angles and shots. 

Check out the trailer below: 

A line in the trailer has the lead character call Andhra Pradesh's CM Dr N Chandrababu Naidu a snake. Talking about that RGV had stated to India Today, "With regard to Chandrababu Naidu, I am making a film on a story which is in the public domain and I am well within my rights to do so and my intention is to depict the truth but not to target anyone."

The movie features P Vijay Kumar as NTR, Yagna Shetty as Lakshmi Parvathi and Shritej as Chandrababu Naidu.

Archived