TG elections analysis from 2016

raghu6

Media plays a very critical role in shaping the narrative of the people.
In Telangana state this is happening in a one sided manner. Only reporting the TRS achievements and KCR ‘s trumpeting.
However the ground reality is slightly different. Telangana is not just about charisma or personality of a single leader!
Telangana needs development, the bangaru telangana promise and the sentiment of telangana that made people vote for KCR.
Major issues are Unemployment, Power, Irrigation and housing
I dont think the ground reality is anywhere near the promises.
Also a lot of people seem to take this as a presidential election overlooking the fact that several first time TRS MLAs are facing a lot of flak in their respective constituencies.
Hence in a nut shell- looks not that easy and everyone is assuming! However a lot depends on how things shape up further.
August 2017 - Dalits under attack - Congress party mobilizes public support against it and KCR comes out of hibernation and uses his FILTHIEST language to berate the congress leaders. He spews venom at them. Why? Because looks like he realized that slowly but steadily people are realizing that after all TRS is not sitting pretty.
Added to this the fact that KCR poached almost 20 MLAs from the opposition and hoped that an increase in the number of seats from 119 to 156 , as envisaged in the AP reorganization act will come true. Modi put up with him till the presidential election and coolly told him to meet him after 9 years, on the subject. Now KCR says that he never really wanted increase and said “ Jairam Ramesh of the congress party is to blame for no increase” why because Jairam ramesh drafted the bill. Great. Then what was he doing when the bill was made into an Act? Was KCR simply so powerless that he couldnt change it? Look at the GOs, so many GOs issued are stuck off by courts. Singereni colleries hereditary employment is an example.
Look at Hyderabad infrastructure- he used to call Kiran Kumar reddy sealed cover CM, atleast the sealed cover CM ensured better roads . As on 4th Aug, can someone say the Hyd roads are better- so much for making hyderabad world class.
A new CM’s residence with 1000 crs- and when criticized says- its owned by telangana people, what nonsense- will govt allow telangana ppl to come and stay?
Govt said jobs for everyone- where are the jobs? dalit CM, where is he? Mission Kakatiya and Mission Bhageeratha- well the less said the better.
For all those who say there is no opposition leader who can stand up against KCR. True but in democracy the ultimate judges are the public. Remember in 198 NT Rama Rao lost the election - there was no opposition leader - i m sure no one remembered who it was ! Later the congress party won and Channa Reddy became CM.

Edit 1: Today as I edit my response, there seems to be a clear commotion and disturbance in the ruling party.
Revant reddy joined the congress party and along with him brought in several senior leaders- ex MLAs and ex ministers into the congress fold. TDP always had a strong cadre in Telangana and it will help the congress party in Karimnagar, Adilabad and Nizamabad for sure now.
After the singareni elections, where TRS won 9 out of 11 divisions, whereas in fact in 2012 TGBKS( backed by TRS) won 11 out of 11, a press conference was held and there was almost 2 hours spent on berating opposition and targeting Prof Kodandaram personally. Shows that there is a sense of disquiet and growing restlessness.
But all said and done, KCR’s personal connect witH masses is intact and he is the tallest leader in the state. Now how this can be used to the advantage of the ruling party will decide the outcome in 2019.

Edit 2: Editing this after the elections are announced in Telangana - As on today it a very tight contest between TRS and Cong+TDP+TJS+CPI - This alliance looks formidable on paper because TDP can still influence pockets of Seemandhra voters.

TRS should be happy with 40–45 seats.

33 minutes ago, APDevFreak said:

I really don't understand, how come TG people will elect a CM, who doesn't attend the office?. Even if they elect what message are they going to give for next generations.

I asked the same question.One of my friend from TG and from KCRs caste said that KCR need not to be attending secretariat to give good results, since he is the best administrator. If this is what educated people in TG think, then think about how conveniently they are spreading the propaganda.

1 hour ago, ravikia said:

I asked the same question.One of my friend from TG and from KCRs caste said that KCR need not to be attending secretariat to give good results, since he is the best administrator. If this is what educated people in TG think, then think about how conveniently they are spreading the propaganda.

andaru emi ala leru bro...oka sari OU oka round esi vaste telustadi kachara agdni bonda pettaniki ready ga unnaru

14 minutes ago, swarnandhra said:

we do, because pain will be felt by everybody not just stupid people.

true. TRS power loki vosthe both TG and AP states ki peace undadu. Chaala Division issues resolve avvavu. Endless revenge on andhra goes forever by that hitler KCR. at the end, TG will not gain anything nor AP gain anything. 

3 hours ago, LuvNTR said:

true. TRS power loki vosthe both TG and AP states ki peace undadu. Chaala Division issues resolve avvavu. Endless revenge on andhra goes forever by that hitler KCR. at the end, TG will not gain anything nor AP gain anything. 

Iddaru gain taruvata pushpams gain avutaru that will be one of the worst thing for tg & Ap 

Archived