Fiber Optics in my Village - Hatsoff to Visionary

VisionaryCBN

6 minutes ago, Kiran said:

state-centre collaboration entha for optic fibre network in Andhra Pradesh?

The Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet Limited(APSFL) is a project initiated in October 2015 to provide on demand, affordable and end-to-end broadband connectivity of 10 to 20 Mbit/s for all households and 1 to 10 Gbit/s for all institutions and multi-dwelling units by 2018.[1]It is completely owned by Andhra PradeshGovernment.[2] It works under partnership with Cisco Systems.[3]

7 minutes ago, Hello26 said:

Initial stages lo money istam ani cheppi... final ga Central gave zero 

7 minutes ago, Saichandra said:

The Andhra Pradesh State FiberNet Limited(APSFL) is a project initiated in October 2015 to provide on demand, affordable and end-to-end broadband connectivity of 10 to 20 Mbit/s for all households and 1 to 10 Gbit/s for all institutions and multi-dwelling units by 2018.[1]It is completely owned by Andhra PradeshGovernment.[2] It works under partnership with Cisco Systems.[3]

ok I thought AP was in phase II of Digital India thing. Thanks for info.

28 minutes ago, Govindu said:

All world is looking to sell to India. Gone are the days when politicians have to take action for such silly things. Businesses look for opertunbity and set up selling points. Not a big deal.

Why didn't they sell to Up,Jharkand or our neighbor Tamil Nadu?

5 minutes ago, curiousgally said:

Admin bro, actually entha daridram antey. Center prosped states to follow andhra model and has some funding but wouldn't do the same with ap which already implemented it. Thu veellla bathukulu...induku kaadu mee modi Saab ni dveshinchedi eee db lo.

Ok lets research and see

On 25 October 2012 the government of India approved the "National Optical Fibre Network" (NOFN) initiative, later renamed as BharatNet,[11] to connect all 250,000 Gram panchayats in the country covering nearly 625,000 villages, by utilizing the existing optical fiber network and extending it to the Gram panchayats.[12] To achieve this, Bharat Broadband Network was incorporated as a Special Purpose Vehicle(SPV) on 25 February 2012 under Companies Act of 1956.[13] Between 2011 and 2014, project did not take off as planned,[5] and only 350 km of optical fiber, out of 300,000 km optical fiber network needed for the phase-I, was laid.[5][6] Between 2014 and 2017, the original phase-I target of laying 300,000 km of optical fiber was completed under the new BJP government.[5]\

>So congress govt. prathidhi start cheyatame gani implementation BIG ZERO ani proved

Implementation[edit]

There are 245,000 villages across 36 states and union territories of India. Phase-I, which connected 100,000 villages, was completed in December 2017. Remaining villages will be connected under Phase-II by December 2018.

BharatNet Phase-I (Dec 2017)

BharatNet Phase-I, across 13 states and UTs was completed in December 2017 with the Phase-I union government funding share of ₹110,000 million (US$1.5 billion or €1.3 billion).[2][14][11] It connected 100,000 Gram panchayat, covering 300,000 villages by laying 300,000 km of optical fiber network.[1][2][14][11] 13 states and UTs in this phase are: Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Haryana, Karnataka, Kerala, Lakshadweep, Manipur, Meghalaya, Puducherry, Sikkim and West Bengal.[14][11] As of 31 December 2017, BSNL has laid 11,005 km optical fibre cable and completed the connection of out of all targeted 6,017 grampanchayats in Haryana.[15]

>So phase I Andhra Pradesh was not there. But 13 other states got the fibre network. 2015 APSFL started as per post above.

BharatNet Phase-II (Dec 2018)

BharatNet Phase-II, to be completed by 31 March 2019 (unofficial target date 31 Dec 2018), will connect the remaining nearly 145,000 gram panchayats covering 325,000 villages through additional 1 million km of optical fibre.[1][2] Phase-II commenced with the union government funding share of 340,000 million (US$4.7 billion or €4.0 billion), with the current 250 km per day pace of optical fiber network roll out which needs to be raised to 500 km per day to achieve the completion target of March 2019.[1] Roll out will be expedited with November 2017 [memorandum of understanding]] with seven more states, namely Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Telangana.[1] Phase-II will double the total optical fiber network of the nation and will generate 100,000,000 mandays employment for the roll out.[2]

DoT will invest INR107,43 billion on BharatNet in Northeast India by December 2018, including erecting 6,673 towers to connect 8,621 villages at the cost of INR533.6 billion and additional 4,240 gram panchayats in by satellite broadband connectivity by December 2018.[19]

>So phase II lo AP covered and memorandum of understanding also done antunnaru. Paina athani post chusthe this aligns with it, may be AP gov. and central govt. doing it together.

To establish a highly scalable network infrastructure, accessible on a nondiscriminatory basis, to provide on demand, affordable and end-to-end broadband connectivity of 15 Mbps for ALL households and 100 Mbps to 1 Gbps for institutions & Offices by 2018, to enable realization of the Vision of Digital AP, in partnership with the Government of India and the private sector.

vision-mission.jpg

Archived