ISRO Scientists Framed... SC clears then after 25yrs

Kiran

This is how congress govt. and their police stooges sabotaged growth of ISRO. If not for this India would have developed cryogenic engine by 2000

6 ISRO scientists were framed in false cases,were jailed tortured and their careers destroyed on behest of CIA, now their names are cleared after 25 yrs and given 50L compensation. 

Narayanan, in his autobiography, has alleged that the IB's real target was the ISRO.  He claims that the Indian intelligence officers were acting in connivance with the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

"My investigation showed that the spy case was the illegitimate child of the US-French agencies with the intention of burying me and the ISRO in the cemetery," The Indian Express quoted from his book.

He claims that at the time the US was dead against India developing an indigenous rocket launch technology as it would have harmed its commercial interests in space research. The US not only denied India the technological know-how but also pressured Glavkosmos, an official space affairs entity of the former Soviet Union, to abandon the deal relating to the exchange of technology. The Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) led by the US contended that the cryogenic engines could be used by used by India to power its military. However, as a report in The Wire points out, that a cryogenic engine was especially unequipped to deal with military situations as it takes days to fuel the engine whereas military equipment usually needs to be ready to use on short notice.

The report stated that had the deal gone through in the 1980s, it would have cost India only Rs 230 crore.

However, after the technology was denied, a group of scientists led by Narayanan started working to perfect an indigenous cryogenic engine when the CIA moved in sabotaged the project.

"Actually their target was ISRO and they succeeded in preventing the country from developing the cryogenic engine," Narayanan, who was Project Director of Cryogenic Engine when he was implicated in the case, said.

"If ISRO had achieved cryogenic engine technology, the organisation would by now have been in a position to return to government billions of dollars," he said referring to the commercial aspect of the technology. The main objective of those behind the case was clear and it was to 'demoralise' Indian scientists, he pointed out.

https://www.firstpost.com/india/isro-spy-case-how-espionage-mixed-with-vested-interests-ruined-a-scientists-career-and-halted-indias-space-project-5181841.html

Chandrasekhar one of the scientists framed  died before the verdict.

2 minutes ago, ravikia said:

What were the charges the Indian Govt framed on them. Why was it working for the interests of CIA ?

Kerala cong govt. framed them as spies. After it became controversial, the CM resigned. CIA wants to slow down cryogenic program in ISRO, as billions of $ involved.

7 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Kerala cong govt. framed them as spies. After it became controversial, the CM resigned. CIA wants to slow down cryogenic program in ISRO, as billions of $ involved.

Vaarni. manallani mana meedha spy chesthunnaru ani namminchakalige goppollu ee America batch. 

4 minutes ago, sskmaestro said:

Modi govt padipoyaka ilantivi bayata padatayemo.... how they sniffed X IAS to give Rafael deal.... how they put pressure on Y CBI officer to allow the Mallyas and Modis to escape etc

Vachinappudu disco cheddam le, till then Raul baba gulikalu medha disco ante kashtam?

6 minutes ago, ravikia said:

Vaarni. manallani mana meedha spy chesthunnaru ani namminchakalige goppollu ee America batch. 

I think CIA used some Maldives lady to do this operation, I have read these case details some time back.

Nambi Narayanan also had worked along with Kalam initially, he is the one who designed Liquid Propulsion Engine used in our PSLV rockets however credits were not given during launch I believe .

ISRO story is an inspiring one, time unte go through it and how CIA had targeted India over this as they will be at loss if we do not buy tech from them .

Evolution of INCOSPAR->ISRO,

Baba -> Vikram Sarabhai  how they built it, an inspiring story with mysteries surrounding their deaths

Story around the first launch station Thumba as I remember is also good to know.

Thanks Admin for bringing  up this topic in DB. 

Ippudu meeru cheppina Congress gurinchi anukunte, if Congress is behind this (may or may not I am not backing them) , asalu why did they established these institutions in the first place aa rojullo vallu cheyakapoyina adigevadu ledu for the kind of Economy we had.

There are many institutions and good deeds done by Congress and in the same way by BJP.

Generations evolve ayyekoddi achievements taggutayi due to politics by oppositions and delay in taking decisions, same as how Vajpayee achievements are greater than Modi

So  congress compromises on country ani don't articulate it to entire Congress regime, there are many things done by congress to our Country and many mistakes done by them and no party is exceptional to this.

I am not a congress supporter and never voted them, kani Congress asalu emi cheyaledu compromise ayyaru country financial interests deni meda thesis rayochu anedi not a correct statement if you feel correct then same can be done on BJP for the short period they have ruled our country.

32 minutes ago, ravikia said:

There are a lot of controversies surrounding ISRO, CIA did lot of things to control it since inception.

One of the CIA officer after retirement even mentioned on some interview that they killed Baba in air accident when he is travelling for some seminar and agreement, somehow our govts haven't took control and pursued this case at-least after this statement by Ex CIA member.

17 minutes ago, BalayyaTarak said:

I think CIA used some Maldives lady to do this operation, I have read these case details some time back.

Nambi Narayanan also had worked along with Kalam initially, he is the one who designed Liquid Propulsion Engine used in our PSLV rockets however credits were not given during launch I believe .

ISRO story is an inspiring one, time unte go through it and how CIA had targeted India over this as they will be at loss if we do not buy tech from them .

Baba -> Vikram Sarabhai  how they built it, an inspiring story with mysteries surrounding their deaths

Story around the first launch station Thumba as I remember is also good to know.

Ippudu meeru cheppina Congress gurinchi anukunte, if Congress is behind this (may or may not I am not backing them) , asalu why did they established these institutions in the first place aa rojullo vallu cheyakapoyina adigevadu ledu for the kind of Economy we had.

There are many institutions and good deeds done by Congress and in the same way by BJP.

Generations evolve ayyekoddi achievements taggutayi due to politics by oppositions and delay in taking decisions, same as how Vajpayee achievements are greater than Modi

So  congress compromises on country ani don't articulate it to entire Congress regime, there are many things done by congress to our Country and many mistakes done by them and no party is exceptional to this.

I am not a congress supporter and never voted them, kani Congress asalu emi cheyaledu compromise ayyaru country financial interests deni meda thesis rayochu anedi not a correct statement if you feel correct then same can be done on BJP for the short period they have ruled our country.

On funny side; Kalam gaarini chusi eeyanevadu, eeynatho manaki pedha nastam emi vundahdu ani pattinchukuni vundaru ?

26 minutes ago, BalayyaTarak said:

Nenu cong emi cheyaledhu ani enthuku anta, when they are in government for 5 years certain things will happen. Only thing that can be questioned is pace at which things happened. Under TDP and BJP things happen at 2x-3x pace. Cong is slow bcoz of scams and trickledown effect.

I am just pointing to one of the case where national interest is sabotaged and some Kerala state level cong fellows aided this being in govt., chiefminister had to resign. Doesn’t mean whole national congress involved in this.

Sudden ga ee db lo cong medha mata padanivvakapotam konchem comedy ga anipisthundhi monnati varaki booths dobbi

10 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Nenu cong emi cheyaledhu ani enthuku anta, when they are in government for 5 years certain things will happen. Only thing that can be questioned is pace at which things happened. Under TDP and BJP things happen at 2x-3x pace. Cong is slow bcoz of scams and trickledown effect.

I am just pointing to one of the case where national interest is sabotaged and some Kerala state level cong fellows aided this being in govt., chiefminister had to resign. Doesn’t mean whole national congress involved in this.

Sudden ga ee db lo cong medha mata padanivvakapotam konchem comedy ga anipisthundhi monnati varaki booths dobbi

Nenem venakesku ravatla admin goru just said my opinion, asalem cheyaledu anadam correct kadu anna

sruthilo modi led bjpni koda kalipesaruga 2x 3x ani mee:drums:meede kanivvandi

ISRO's spy case was able to delay India's Cryogenic technology by at least 15 years...what does one gain from that? For one, a lot of money.  India today offers to launch a satellite at a fraction of the price that NASA charges...A 2015 report of the Colorado-based  Space Foundation pegged the global space economy of 2014 at $330 billion, with a 9% growth over the previous years...Satellite launches and related commercial activities constitute 75% of it.........Nambi Narayan..

This was a CIA hatched conspiracy, certain elements of Indian Intelligence Bureau (IB) played along with them and ultimately sabotaged India's interests....all along India's greatest scientists suffered severe humiliations.....lessons should have been learnt by now...it is in our best wisdom never to repeat those mistakes ever again...

33 minutes ago, chsrk said:

ISRO's spy case was able to delay India's Cryogenic technology by at least 15 years...what does one gain from that? For one, a lot of money.  India today offers to launch a satellite at a fraction of the price that NASA charges...A 2015 report of the Colorado-based  Space Foundation pegged the global space economy of 2014 at $330 billion, with a 9% growth over the previous years...Satellite launches and related commercial activities constitute 75% of it.........Nambi Narayan..

This was a CIA hatched conspiracy, certain elements of Indian Intelligence Bureau (IB) played along with them and ultimately sabotaged India's interests....all along India's greatest scientists suffered severe humiliations.....lessons should have been learnt by now...it is in our best wisdom never to repeat those mistakes ever again...

:iagree:

The seeds of the case, which is still unfortunately known as the ISRO spy scandal, were sown on 20 October, 1994, when the Kerala Police in Thiruvananthapuram filed a case against a Maldivian citizen Mariam Rasheeda, under Section 14 of the Foreigners Act, 1946 and Section 7 of the Foreigners Order, 1948.

case 94 lo kada file chesindi, CBI case 95 lo clear chesindi....

After doing some research on this 

Isro established 15 August 1969; ISRO built Indias first satellite, Aryabhata, which was launched by the Soviet Union on 19 April 1975.
first pslv PSLV-D1    started on Sep 20, 1993
https://www.isro.gov.in/launchers/list-of-pslv-launches

The first development flight of the GSLV (Mk.I configuration) was launched on 18 April 2001 was a failure as the payload failed to reach the intended orbit parameters. 
The launcher was declared operational after the second development flight successfully launched the GSAT-2 satellite. During the initial years from the initial launch to 2014 the launcher had a checkered history with only 2 successful launches out of 7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosynchronous_Satellite_Launch_Vehicle

Cryogenic Engine Controversy
The third stage was to be procured from Russian company Glavcosmos, including transfer of technology and design details of the engine based on an agreement signed in 1991. 
Russia backed out of the deal after US objected to the deal as in violation of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) May 1992. 
As a result, ISRO initiated the Cryogenic Upper Stage Project in April 1994 and began developing its own cryogenic engine. 
A new agreement was signed with Russia for 7 KVD-1 cryogenic stages and 1 ground mock-up stage with no technology transfer, instead of 5 cryogenic stages along with the technology and design as per the earlier agreement.
 These engines were used for the initial flights and were named GSLV Mk.1.

April 1994 ISRO planned to start developing its own engine.  nuvvu ichina article lo 1980 lone develop chesthe billions of dollars ela save avuthayi ani chepthunandu. first thing case filed on 1994 and cleared on 1995. after 3 years  BJP govt ne undi what the govt is doing that time and why  they haven't  taken actions. 

pakkanodi meeda ki nettataniki manam first untamu.  ippudu bjp chesthundi emiti rafeal ni HAL ki ivvakunda anil amabani company ki technology transfer cheyatama? inka bjp valle cheppala

10 minutes ago, Bollu said:

The seeds of the case, which is still unfortunately known as the ISRO spy scandal, were sown on 20 October, 1994, when the Kerala Police in Thiruvananthapuram filed a case against a Maldivian citizen Mariam Rasheeda, under Section 14 of the Foreigners Act, 1946 and Section 7 of the Foreigners Order, 1948.

case 94 lo kada file chesindi, CBI case 95 lo clear chesindi....

After doing some research on this 

Isro established 15 August 1969; ISRO built Indias first satellite, Aryabhata, which was launched by the Soviet Union on 19 April 1975.
first pslv PSLV-D1    started on Sep 20, 1993
https://www.isro.gov.in/launchers/list-of-pslv-launches

The first development flight of the GSLV (Mk.I configuration) was launched on 18 April 2001 was a failure as the payload failed to reach the intended orbit parameters. 
The launcher was declared operational after the second development flight successfully launched the GSAT-2 satellite. During the initial years from the initial launch to 2014 the launcher had a checkered history with only 2 successful launches out of 7.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geosynchronous_Satellite_Launch_Vehicle

Cryogenic Engine Controversy
The third stage was to be procured from Russian company Glavcosmos, including transfer of technology and design details of the engine based on an agreement signed in 1991. 
Russia backed out of the deal after US objected to the deal as in violation of the Missile Technology Control Regime (MTCR) May 1992. 
As a result, ISRO initiated the Cryogenic Upper Stage Project in April 1994 and began developing its own cryogenic engine. 
A new agreement was signed with Russia for 7 KVD-1 cryogenic stages and 1 ground mock-up stage with no technology transfer, instead of 5 cryogenic stages along with the technology and design as per the earlier agreement.
 These engines were used for the initial flights and were named GSLV Mk.1.

April 1994 ISRO planned to start developing its own engine.  nuvvu ichina article lo 1980 lone develop chesthe billions of dollars ela save avuthayi ani chepthunandu. first thing case filed on 1994 and cleared on 1995. after 3 years  BJP govt ne undi what the govt is doing that time and why  they haven't  taken actions. 

pakkanodi meeda ki nettataniki manam first untamu.  ippudu bjp chesthundi emiti rafeal ni HAL ki ivvakunda anil amabani company ki technology transfer cheyatama? inka bjp valle cheppala

1998 CBI cleared him

rafael deal details malli chadivi ra:comfort:

12 minutes ago, Kiran said:

1998 CBI cleared him

rafael deal details malli chadivi ra:comfort:

cryogenic gurinchi edo pedda kompalu minigi poyayi ani veera avesam to thadu esthe..

3 years lo pedda peekedi emi undadule.  taruvatha pokran tests meeda  concenrrate chesaru gani engine meeda antha concentration ledu. time unte chaduvuko 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/isro-gets-nod-for-semi-cryogenic-engine-will-boost-gslvs-lift-capability-by-1-tonne/articleshow/64499802.cms

rafeal deal
https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/what-is-rafale-deal-controversy-all-you-need-to-know-1810706

The claims were rebutted by Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman and Anil Ambani-led Reliance Defence Limited with the government saying that the renegotiated deal was transparent and better than the deal negotiated by the previous UPA government as it includes a superior weapons package and logistical support, which had been absent in the previous one. Reliance Defence had also said that its subsidiary Reliance Aerostructure and Dassault Aviation formed a joint venture - Dassault Reliance Aerospace, after a bilateral agreement between two private companies and "the Indian government has no role to play in this."

indulo nenu cheppindi emina miss ayyinda regarding the rafeal one? 

8 minutes ago, Bollu said:

cryogenic gurinchi edo pedda kompalu minigi poyayi ani veera avesam to thadu esthe..

3 years lo pedda peekedi emi undadule.  taruvatha pokran tests meeda  concenrrate chesaru gani engine meeda antha concentration ledu. time unte chaduvuko 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/isro-gets-nod-for-semi-cryogenic-engine-will-boost-gslvs-lift-capability-by-1-tonne/articleshow/64499802.cms

Ya cryo program main lead candidates ni under the bus pampisthe inka emayyidhi idhe ayyidhi

23 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Ya cryo program main lead candidates ni under the bus pampisthe inka emayyidhi idhe ayyidhi

emi ayyindi ippudu 2000 lone engine design chesaru. edo oka 20 years gap icchi chedagotiinattu cheputhunnavu ga. engineers will try to develop a program that doesn't mean you get success with it.  the experiments were not stopped with this case ani ekkada cheppaledu. 

After all  andhra lo oka IIT kattataniki 100 cr ivvaledu, meeru veeti gurinchi matladuthunte funny ga undi.

ISRO's cryogenic team made the first 7.5-tonne engine in 2000. It blew up while being tested. The hydrogen valve had prematurely closed, affecting the oxygenhydrogen ratio in the combustion chamber. <br><br>They succeeded finally in 2002. The indigenous cryogenic engine was qualified in 2003. It took another four years to integrate it with the GSLV. But the first flight failed in 2010, as the engine shut down three seconds after ignition.

ISRO then conducted a thorough review of the entire GSLV project. For the cryogenic engine, special vacuum testing facilities were created at Mahendragiri. By 2013 end, every likely cause of failure was looked into. <br><br>A few days before the GSLV flew on January 5, ISRO officials conducted a review meeting to clear the vehicle for launch. Such meetings usually take several hours. This one ended in 45 minutes. Every possibility had been analysed, and project leaders were quietly confident. <br><br><i>In pic: India successfully launched rejuvenated indigenous cryogenic engine- fitted GSLV-D5</i>

https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/slideshows/science-technology/challenges-isro-faced-while-developing-cryogenic-engine/thorough-review/slideshow/28585503.cms

Archived