Multiplex food

మల్టీప్లెక్స్‌లకు షాక్, భారీ జరిమానా: బయటి ఫుడ్ అనుమతించాలని తీర్పు..

అమరావతి: విజయవాడ వినియోగదారుల ఫోరం గురువారం సంచలన తీర్పు ఇచ్చింది. మల్టీప్లెక్స్‌లోకి బయటి నుంచి తినుబండారాలు అనుమతించాలని ఆదేశాలు జారీ చేసింది. షాపింగ్ మాల్స్, మల్టీప్లెక్స్‌లకు ఫోరం మొట్టికాయలు వేసింది.

మల్టీప్లెక్స్‌లలో, థియేటర్లలో పలు తినుబండారాలు అధిక ధరలకు అమ్ముతోన్న విషయం తెలిసిందే. దీనిపై పలువురు వినియోగదారులు విజయవాడ వినియోగదారుల ఫోరంను ఆశ్రయించారు. దీంతో మల్టీ ప్లెక్స్‌లలో అధిక ధరలకు తినుబండారాల విక్రయాలపై ఆగ్రహం వ్యక్తం చేసింది. బయటి నుంచి తెచ్చుకున్న వాటిని అనుమతించాలని చెప్పింది.

సీల్డ్ ప్యాక్‌లలోని తినుబండారాలు, వాటర్ బాటిల్స్ అనుమతించాలని కోర్టు ఆదేశాలు జారీ చేసింది. తమ ఆదేశాల అమలు, పర్యవేక్షణ బాధ్యతలను తూనీకలు, కొలతల శాఖకు అప్పగించింది.

ఎల్ఈపీఎల్, ట్రెండ్ సెట్, పీవీఆర్, పీవీపీ, ఐనాక్స్ మల్టీప్లెక్స్‌లపై చర్యలు తీసుకోవాలని ఫోరం తీర్పు చెప్పింది. ఫుడ్ ఐటమ్స్, కూల్ డ్రింక్స్ అధిక ధరలకు అమ్మినందుకు భారీగా జరిమానా విధించింది. థియేటర్లపై చర్యలు తీసుకోవాలని చెప్పింది. తినుబండారాలను, కూల్ డ్రింక్స్‌ను అధిక ధరలకు అమ్మినందుకు రూ.5 లక్షల జరిమానా విధించింది. ఆదేశాలు తప్పకుండా అమలు చేయాలని అధికారులకు జడ్జి ఆదేశాలు జారీ చేశారు.

మార్గదర్శి సమితి సహకారంతో గత ఏడాది ఏప్రిల్ నెలలో పిటిషన్ దాఖలు చేశారు. వాదనలు విన్న తర్వాత జిల్లా వినియోగదారుల ఫోరం తీర్పు వెలువరించింది. అంతేకాదు, న్యాయమూర్తి అందరికీ అర్థమయ్యేలా తెలుగులో తీర్పు వెలువరించారు.

We are already Trapped into this. Guess we cannot avoid multiplex, pizzas, fashion, crores to buy concrete, lakhs to buy own car... 

Manam epdaina ankunnamaa.. Cinema Rs. 300 Avtundi ani.. Inka penchina veltamu manamandaramu... 

number of people watching movies in theatres has been falling for last 5 years in spite of super hits like Bahubali.

it will continue to fall as technology progresses.

Just analyse results of PVR & inox leisure. Food is their major source to profit due to very high margins.

1 hour ago, swarnandhra said:

yup, food is major part of their business model. 

out side food allow cheyyamani order cheyyatam kontha varaku ok kani, food prices meeda restriction pettatam matram overreach laga vundi.

There are MRP prices defined for everything based on tax slabs kada , they should follow that for food, valla business model adi kabatti they can't sell at what ever rate they want.

I think the catch in rules multiplex are exploiting with price is there are no MRP's govt can impose for items being sold loose, like fountain drinks, French Fries, Corn kind of stuff.

Outside food allow cheste now its people call to spend money on food, earlier it is a compulsion if you need something to eat.

8 hours ago, BalayyaTarak said:

There are MRP prices defined for everything based on tax slabs kada , they should follow that for food, valla business model adi kabatti they can't sell at what ever rate they want.

I think the catch in rules multiplex are exploiting with price is there are no MRP's govt can impose for items being sold loose, like fountain drinks, French Fries, Corn kind of stuff.

Outside food allow cheste now its people call to spend money on food, earlier it is a compulsion if you need something to eat.

MRPs are defined for Manufactured/packaged goods. I don't think there is such thing for idli/dosa/chat ...etc.

I understand government controls prices of basic necessity items/services. That is the right thing to do. Eating in multiplex is not a necessity. If courts/government keep fingering in such things where will it end? next what, Idli price control in 5 star hotel ? Or air plane ticket price?

Where is the problem actually? Can the court restrict remuneration of movie actors? Or restrict a landlord asking 5 lac per yard to build that multiplex?

9 hours ago, swarnandhra said:

MRPs are defined for Manufactured/packaged goods. I don't think there is such thing for idli/dosa/chat ...etc.

I understand government controls prices of basic necessity items/services. That is the right thing to do. Eating in multiplex is not a necessity. If courts/government keep fingering in such things where will it end? next what, Idli price control in 5 star hotel ? Or air plane ticket price?

Where is the problem actually? Can the court restrict remuneration of movie actors? Or restrict a landlord asking 5 lac per yard to build that multiplex?

Good points :shakehands:

Outside natural calamities and price gouging ... courts or any govt shouldn't be involved ... its a slippery slope we don't want to tread along ... 

Between the unbridled capitalism of Rep America and failed communism ... I hope India finds something meaningful in between ... 

Its has been done in many countries before (EU countries)  ... we need to find ways to apply this to 'economy of scale' ... so to speak ... 

Yes, societal composition makes difference ... big difference. That's something countries like India and china need to deal with ... 

Archived