Telugu Desam Party

nvkrishna

1. First & ONLY regional party to get opposition status in Lok Sabha. Regional parties can only dream about such records.

2. As far as I know, this is the first time, discussion is held on a no-confidence motion that is proposed by a party with less than 20 MPs.

3. In Last 50 years, India saw 2 strongest, egoistic & ruthless PMs (Indira & Modi) who can go to any extent to suppress dissidence. TDP is the only party that took on both of them.

In real life, we can stay away from negative mindset people who see only negative things even in best moments. In DB, we have to face their torture.

Enjoy another proud moment in TDP's glorious history.

How many regional parties have shown this kind of influence in national politics in last 35 years?

Proud Telugu people are fortunate to have leaders like NTR & CBN.

59 minutes ago, nvkrishna said:

1. First regional party to get opposition status in Lok Sabha.

2. As far as I know, this is the first time, discussion is held on a no-confidence motion that is proposed by a party with less than 20 MPs.

3. In Last 50 years, India saw 2 strongest PMs - Indira & Modi - TDP is the only party that took on both of them.

In real life, we can stay away from negative mindset people who see only negative things even in best moments. In DB, we have to face their torture.

Enjoy another glorious moment in TDP history.

How many regional parties have shown this kind of influence in national politics in last 35 years?

Proud Telugu people are fortunate to have leaders like NTR & CBN.

Na FB lo update chestha :dream:

Full speech of TDP MP Jayadev Galla

Before moving the Motion, I would like to thank you for finally admitting the No-Confidence Motion and for taking this Motion to its logical conclusion i.e., debate and voting.I also thank my leader, Shri Nara Chandrababu Naidu Garu and my colleague, Shri Kesineni Srinivas Garu for giving me this opportunity to move this Motion and to initiate the debate.  

I would also like to thank CPM, CPI, AAP, Congress, SP, KC, RSP, NCP, TMC, AIMIM, RJD and other parties which have extended their support to us on this Motion. I was told that a first-time MP has never been given the opportunity to initiate a debate on No Confidence Motion.  So, I feel it is a privilege and honor for a new Member like me, to initiate one of the most important debates in the history of Indian Parliament.  

With these initial words, Madam, I move:“This House expresses its want of Confidence in the Council of Ministers.”The latest Telugu blockbuster, ‘Bharat Ane Nenu’, or ‘I Bharat’, is a story about a young NRI who returns to India after his father, who is a CM, dies suddenly. Bharat enters politics reluctantly, and becomes a young, dynamic and beloved CM. The recurring theme is about Trust, and his Mother’s advice that Bharat keeps recalling; A promise is a promise... If a man makes a promise and doesn’t keep it, he doesn’t have the right to call himself a man.It was a blockbuster because the general mood of the people reflects well in the film. People are tired of empty assurances and unfulfilled commitments.

The saga of Andhra Pradesh during the Modi-Shah Regime is just that, a saga of empty promises and unfulfilled commitments.Madam Speaker, non-implementation of an Act of Parliament is a national issue.Non-implementation of assurances given by none other than the PM on the floor of Parliament, during consideration of the AP Reorganization Bill, without which this Bill would not have been passed, is also a national issue.  So, it is not prudent to say that the issues of AP are not national issues; they are certainly national issues and also emotional issues for the people of AP and today it is a litmus test to Parliament how it ensures implementation of these and similar other issues.

Madam Speaker,The President of BJP, when he met BJP Core Committee Members, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs from AP, on 17th of March, at Delhi, declared to wage a war on TDP.        

Madam, 

It is not a war between BJP and TDP;

It is a war between the Modi Regime and Andhra Pradesh;

it is a war between the Modi Regime and the 5 Cr people of AP;

it is a war against discrimination shown by the Modi Regime towards AP;

it is a war to honor an Act of Parliament and assurances made by Prime Minister in Parliament.

It is a war between the Authoritarian, Machiavellian attitude of the Modi Regime and the rights of States that make up the Federal Republic of India.  

It is a Dharma Poratam (Dharma Yudh)I request the House not to construe my views and observations in a narrow sense, but to look at them in a larger perspective of how the relationship should have been between the Centre and the States, under the federal structure.

Madam Speaker, this No Confidence Motion has been brought by the TDP because of 4 reasons – Fairness, Trust, Priority and Bias.  Or rather, lack of Fairness, lack of Trust, lack of Priority, and lack of an unbiased approach.Lack of Fairness is about the unscientific and undemocratic bifurcation, and its impact on the people of AP.  Lack of Trust is about where the Modi Regime has used misleading, delaying, denying, deflecting, confusing, collusion and coercion tactics to betray the people of AP.

Lack of Priority is how AP is getting the least priority.  And, Lack of Unbiased approach, where funds given to AP are far less than what is being given to projects across India.  Madam, I will be focusing on my speech which reflects the voice of 5 Cr people of AP and it will be focusing on these four aspects.

Madam Speaker,

with your permission I will be focusing on the Special Category Status and financial related issues of the AP Reorganisation Act and my colleague Ram Mohan Naidu will focus on Infrastructure and Institutions in detail.It has been 4 years since the bill is passed and 2 new States were formed – one is OLD STATE WITH A NEW NAME and the other is NEW STATE WITH AN OLD NAME.  Telangana is not a new State, AP is a new State.  All the challenges and burdens are to be faced by AP. We are the ones who have to build infrastructure, capital, industrial base etc., where Telangana has all of them. It has been 4 years we have been put into that challenge, but uncertainty and difficulties goes back several decades old and reached its peak 10 years prior to bifurcation and we continue to struggle even after 4 years of bifurcation with same uncertainty. So we need relief from this uncertainty. Instead of providing us relief, Modi Regime is creating more uncertainties and more challenges.Unscientific & Undemocratic BifurcationI am not going back in history.  But, I certainly go back to 2014 when AP was divided. We all know how unscientifically, undemocratically, inequitably, arbitrarily, irrationally and by bulldozing the entire Parliament, the AP Reorganisation Bill was passed.  This becomes clear if you look at the range of issues still languishing for resolution, even four years later.Madam, when AP was divided, AP was burdened with huge revenue deficit of 16,000 crores. 1.3 lakh crores of loan burden was put on AP;

24,000 crores undivided loan burden put on AP for which interest is being paid by GoAP which shattered our FRBM limits; Power allocation was made on consumption basis -- AP is the loser; Refund of tax liability made on the basis of population at 58% for AP and 42% for Telangana -- AP is loser since it has very, very limited revenue generation sources.; Assets have been given on the basis of their location -- AP lost 3,800 crores; Singareni Collieries -- a Schedule IX Co., -- given to Telangana with 51% equity.  But, similar dispensation for its subsidy APHMEL in AP which is also a Schedule IX Co., has not been given to AP.  Is it equal justice?Pension liabilities from the combined State divided on the basis of population i.e., 58:42 thereby burdened AP.  Is it equal justice?
Hence, I have no hesitation to say that it was not just the Congress alone, but even the BJP, which had supported the Bill, without insisting on the UPA Government to make the Bill scientific and equitable, is equally guilty.  Both the national parties have crippled AP.Bifurcation impact on economy.

It has been mentioned that even after bifurcation, AP is still better off than some of the States in the country.  This is the reason given to us by the Government on why we are not eligible for certain support like SCS.  However, when we compare ourselves, we have to compare with our neighbours.  If we live in a home, our families will tend to compare themselves and their standard of living with their neighbours and neighbourhood.  If they have the worst house on the block and least income on the block, they are not going to be happy that they’re better off than families who live on the other side of town.  AP is a Southern State.  It was one of four Southern States and now is one of five. The undivided AP was competing on all parameters with other Southern neighbours.  Most of the wealth generated for the State was generated from the economic engine of the capital city of Hyderabad.  The wealth that was generated in Hyderabad was generated by people from all over the undivided State of AP, who came to Hyderabad to settle in their capital, and to seek their fortunes.  Now, after asymmetrical bifurcation where Telangana with less population has been given more resources and AP with more population has been given less resources, this has created a situation where the Government of AP and the people of AP do not have the resources to ensure that the quality of life is maintained for the citizens.  We have to compare with our neighbours and, therefore, when we look at the impact of the economy, we have to look with this lens.   

Agriculture:

After bifurcation, AP has been reduced to an agrarian State. 31.77% of its revenue comes from agriculture when compared to 15.34% of Telangana, 11.39% of Tamil Nadu, and 11.68% of Karnataka.

Industry:

After bifurcation, AP reduced its industrial contribution to less than 20% when compared to Telangana’s 22.10%, Tamil Nadu’s 31.72% and Karnataka’s 23.68%.  And the all India figure is much higher than AP which stood at 29.02%.
Services:Even in Services AP lags behind. It has just 46% of revenue from services compared to 62.56% of Telangana, 56.88% of Tamil Nadu and 64.44% in Karnataka.  The national average is 53.66%.  This clearly shows that AP is also languishing in services in spite of it having rich talent.  It is due to lack of industrial base, the service sector is also impacted.Institutions:About 90% of institutions, after bifurcation, have gone to Telangana. AP left in lurch.  There was not even a single national institution of repute.  Of course, now, GoI proposed some institutions.  But, they are also going on at snail's pace.  The impact of bifurcation is such that despite growing at the fastest pace among the Southern States, the gap between AP and other States in per capita income is clearly visible and, if the same treatment is meted out, it will only widen. Per Capita IncomeEven though growth rate of AP is much higher than any other southern state, the per capita income is much less.  Let me take you to 2014-15 where the rate of growth was 13.07%, but per capita income was lowest among Southern States and it stood at Rs. 93,699.  Same is the case in 2015-16 and 2016-17.  In 2016-17, the growth was 13.14% whereas the per capita income was Rs. 1.22 lakhs when compared to Karnataka’s Rs. 1.57 lakhs and Telangana’s 1.55 lakhs, more than 20% lower.

Assurances:

Then-PM, MMS, has given 6 assurances on 20-02-2014 on the floor of RS.  

They are:

Special Category Status for 5 years.

Industrial incentives on the lines of 11 States.

Assistance to backward districts on the lines of Bundelkhand and KBK districts.

Amendment for Polavaram i.e., to bring back 7 Mandals to AP.

Distribution of assets and liabilities to be completed satisfactorily.

Revenue deficit between the appointed day and acceptance of 14 FC recommendations to be compensated in 2014-15.  It is 10 months from June, 2014, to March, 2015.

On Special Category Status,

Madam, let me first submit the major demand of the people of AP.  It is about granting of SCS.  Madam, I am neither tinkering nor twisting or tweaking the facts; my facts are unadorned and I am ready for any challenge from anybody, including PM, in the Centre to contest these.So, before coming to the facts, let me, with your permission, start my journey from the day AP bifurcated.

Madam,

Congress Party, in 2014, sliced ‘Telugu Talli’ into two pieces in crude, unscientific and irrational way and Shri Narendra Modi, while campaigning in AP, had rightly said and I quote: “Congress killed the mother and saved the child.  Had I been there, I would have saved the mother too.

”People of AP fell flat for this statement and determined in their heart and soul that, come what may, we will be with Mr. Modi.  We have waited; people of AP waited for four long years that Mr. Modi would save the mother.  Instead of saving AP, Mr. Modi, through the FM, through his press conference on 7th March, 2018, announced that no SCS would be given to AP.

The FM said, if the demand for SCS of AP is acceded, other States such as Bihar, Odisha will also demand.  It is rubbish, baseless, frivolous and a trivial argument.  And, I have no hesitation to say that the FM should know the fundamental difference between the two. Let me remind this August house that the Union Cabinet conferred SCS on AP in its meeting on 1st March, 2014, subsequent to the assurance made by then-PM mentioned earlier. Other states have not been given an assurance by a PM on the floor of either houses of Parliament, nor has a cabinet decision been made in this regard.  

This is a very dangerous precedent. Mr. Prime Minister, do you have any respect for commitments made by your predecessors?

Indeed, should you even have a choice? What value does the word of a PM given on the floor of the house have? Can we believe, that if you give an assurance, it will be fulfilled in the future, even if you are not around? How can we function as a nation, if we can’t take the word of our PM given in Parliament, to be respected and fulfilled?Madam, it is not that BJP was opposed to SCS when it was in the opposition.  In fact, BJP, in its 2014 Manifesto for Assembly elections in AP, assured that it would give additional 5 years of the status i.e., 10 years instead of 5 years proposed by the then PM.  

Mr. Prime Minister, in Guntur, in Nellore, in Tirupati, in front of Lord Balaji, you promised to give SCS for 10 years. And he also emphasized and appealed to the people of AP to decide whether they need Seemandhra or Scamandhra.. and he said, “I am a person who will not eat or allow others to eat, “Main Chun Chun Ke Hisaab Loonga Unlogonka”.  [EXHIBIT 3]But to the utter disappointment of the people, you are protecting people like Gali Janardhan Reddy, A1, A2 accused in AP and many others. The country is aware that cases on family members of Gali Janardhan Reddy were dismissed and tickets were given in the recent Karnataka Assembly Elections.  This reflects how serious you are on corruption and on corrupt people.You raised the expectations of supporting and developing AP, only to shatter them. Why should we have confidence and trust in you?

Now, you are singing a different tune, which people of AP are keenly observing, and I have no doubt that they would give a befitting reply in the coming elections.  I even go to the extent of saying that BJP will be decimated in AP, the way Congress was, if people of AP are deceived and cheated.  

Mr. Prime Minister, it is not a threat; this is SHRAP;

these are the words coming out of anguish, pain and frustration from the people of AP, that how a PM, on whom we had immense faith, has deceived and betrayed the people of AP in such a blatant and rude manner.

The third point I wish to make is relating to Article 4 of the Constitution.  It says that when any State is bifurcated under Article 3 – AP is divided under this Article – then supplemental, incidental and consequential measures can be taken by Parliament.  And, even Supreme Court in Pradip Chowdhury and Mullaperiar cases repeatedly said this.  So, the point I am trying to drive at, is that the very bifurcation of the State is predicated upon assurance of SCS, etc.  Therefore, SCS is supplemental, incidental and consequential to bifurcation.  And, to say that 14th FC has not recommended is a conceptual blunder of the Union Government.  So, when it is clearly said in Article 4 that Parliament can do it; 14th FC or its recommendations cannot prevent Parliament from doing it.  Madam, the FM and almost the entire Cabinet have been categorical that the 14th FC recommended not to confer SCS on any State.  Let me disband, dismantle and dismiss this argument at one go.  Two Members of the 14 FC have refuted the argument of the FM lock, stock and barrel.  Shri Govind Rao and Dr. Abhijit Sen gave it in writing that the Commission did not recommend this.  Even the Chairman of 14th FC, Shri Y.V. Reddy is on record saying that Commission did not recommend this.  Let me quote, due to paucity of time, what Shri Govind Rao, Member, 14 FC, had said on SCS.  

He said and I quote:
“The additional terms of reference merely stated that the commission should take into account the resources available to the successor or reorganised States in accordance with the AP Reorganisation Act and the Ministry of Home Affairs notification.  That did not require the Commission to deal with the question of according SCS and it did not therefore make any recommendation in that regard. Therefore, the statement in the notification on special package that ‘…following the recommendations of the 14th Finance Commission, the class of SCS ceases to exist.’ is misleading.”

Madam, let me give one more example of how GOI maneuvered through and denied SCS to AP.  As I said, Ministers and officials in the Government are taking shelter under 14th FC recommendation to deny SCS to AP.  I would like to assert here that prospective recommendations of various commissions, even if there are any to that effect, cannot be made applicable retrospectively to the past commitments, assurances and decisions.  14th FC recommendations are prospective.  How can you implement them retrospectively?  Here, in this case, it is the decision of the Union Cabinet and it is not an ordinary decision.In this context, I would like to recapitulate that the Union Government had created a Sub-Group of CMs to address the issue of continuation of Special Category Status to the North-East and Hilly States which are enjoying the same in the past.  Based on the recommendations of the said Sub-Group, NITI Aayog had issued an Office Memorandum on 17th August, 2016, whereby it was decided to continue the Special Category Status benefits to those States.  Subsequently also, it has extended the financial and other benefits to them.  So, when we have been demanding for SCS, your argument, Mr. FM, is that the Planning Commission was dismantled and NITI Aayog has no mandate to give SCS to any State.  If that is so, how, on the basis of Office Memorandum dt. 17th August, 2016, have you extended SCS benefits to all 11 SCSs?  Mr. FM, is it not discrimination and injustice to AP? Did you not mislead us about the 14th FC recommendations, and did you not also state that it would be unconstitutional to go against the alleged recommendations?Madam, I have one more irrefutable and undeniable truth and proof to present before this august House.  I hope that this will open the eyes of the FM and the Modi Regime.  It was on 15th March, 2018, the Minister of Planning, Shri Rao Inderjit Singh, in reply to an Unstarred Question No. 2360 in the Rajya Sabha, said and I quote:[EXHIBIT 1]“The 14th FC in its recommendations has not made any specific reference not to confer Special Category Status to any State.”
So, hon. FM, kindly stop misleading the people by twisting facts, because it won’t work anymore.  You can’t fool all of the people, all of the time.I have given seven facts/justification why SCS should be conferred on AP.  They are:
    Assurance by none other than Mr. Modi during 2014 election campaign.
    Ours is not ‘demand’ for SCS; ours is to ‘implement’ the Cabinet decision on SCS.
    BJP Manifesto said that it will give SCS for 10 years.
    Article 4 of the Constitution clearly and categorically says that if State is bifurcated under Article 3 then supplemental, incidental and consequential measures can be taken by Parliament.  
    Written views of Members of the 14th FC and also views of Chairman of 14 FC on SCS.
    NITI Aayog has issued Office Memorandum on 17th August, 2016, whereby it was decided to continue SCS to 11 States.
    Minister of Planning clearly said that 14th FC has never recommended not to confer SCS on any State.
Even the CMs of Bihar and Puducherry have support granting SCS to AP.
So, with folded hands, I appeal to the PM and FM to please, at least, now, realize and announce SCS to AP.
Allegation that our CM has taken ‘U’ turn on SCSMadam Speaker, BJP, YSRCP, Congress and now Jana Sena Party in AP, are saying that our CM has taken ‘U’ turn and asking for SCS again instead of package.  Let me go back to 2016.  We were demanding for SCS till September, 2016.  In September, 2016, hon. FM made a statement that Special Package would be given which will be equal to that of SCS.  Since then we have been waiting for Special Package.  But, even after presenting his final and full Budget, FM did not give even a single penny under Special Package.Mr. FM, is it also not true when GoAP officials came Delhi to discuss with the Ministry, did Ministry not say that GOI is not agreeable for 90:10 on Externally Aided Projects.  Instead, they were told that Central assistance will be provided by way of repayment of loan for EAP projects in the ratio of 70:30, that too, only till 2020, to the extent of Rs. 15,000 crores.  And, this too by putting the FRBM under State head.See, how many conditions you have put on EAP.  And, at press conference on 7th March the FM came with 90:10 formula since he was cornered with facts and figures.  I am giving only one example due to paucity of time.  If this is how you deal with AP, do you really think that people of AP would pardon you and give you votes?You deceived us into accepting the Special Package by using 14th FC as an excuse. You didn’t even bother to give it legislative backing. To add injury to insult, we haven’t received a single paisa promised in the package.Since nothing has been done so far on Special Package, we are demanding to implement the Cabinet decision on SCS to AP.  So, I wish to clarify the critics of CM and TDP that we are treading the right path; it is only you who are changing the goal posts for nefarious political gains. Industrial incentivesMadam, hon. FM said that industrial incentives given to other SCSs will no longer exist post-GST implementation which is completely a misleading statement.  Even then, we insisted that whatever industrial incentives that these States get post-GST implementation should be given to AP as well on the lines of assurance given by PM.  But, what AP given is 15% additional depreciation on new plant & machinery and 15% additional investment allowance.  But, they are given only to backward areas, not to the entire State.  Secondly, it is not exclusively for 7 districts of AP.  It is for all the 150 backward districts in the country.  What is special for AP?  There is nothing special.  Whereas, even post-GST implementation, the SCSs continue to get industrial incentives in line with what they were getting earlier. As per the Notification issued in July, 2017, in pursuance of Budgetary support of Rs. 27,000 crores to the existing 4,324 units in SCS, till sunset period of March, 2027.  And, again, on 21st March, 2018, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry approved the North-East Industrial Development Scheme with a financial outlay of Rs. 3,000 crores to North-East States up to March, 2020.  The incentives that are given are for capital investment, to access credit, interest incentive, GST reimbursement, IT reimbursement, Transport, Employment and other incentives.  But, when we are asking to extend the same to us, the FM is silent!  He is not saying anything about it.  Here again, we have been misled, and therefore this promise remains unfulfilled.

Backward districtsSection 46(3) of AP Reorganisation Act talks about special development package for backward districts in AP.  This emanates from the assurance given by PM.  But, this assurance has been diluted in the Act.  The assurance was to provide package on the lines of KBK districts in Odisha and Bundelkhand in MP and UP.  If you look at all economic and human development indicators, it reveals that all 7 backward districts are closer to SCSs rather than other Southern States.  But, Modi Regime has given just 1050 crores for 7 districts for 3 years.  It is not in line with what has been given to KBK and Bundelkhand under special package.  KBK was given 5,500 crores and Bundelkhand was given 7,200 crores each to UP and MP.  And, if you calculate per capita allocation, it is mindboggling to know.  Madam, under Bundelkhand package per head allocation of Rs. 4,115 was made.  Whereas, for AP, per head allocation is just Rs. 428.57!  So, what GOI given to AP is pittance!  What kind of infrastructure can be developed Rs. 50 crores a year? Why are we being given just one tenth of what was given in Bundelkhand on a per capita basis?Secondly, BJP is crying foul that we have not spent even this small amount of money.  Madam, we have spent 946 crores out of 1050 crores which is 92% of allocation, not 12% as claimed by them.  We have UCs to prove that.Thirdly, Finance Ministry proposed additional 350 crores and RBI released it on 9th February, 2018.  But, PMO stopped giving clearance to it on 15th February, 2018.  So, funds have gone back to RBI.  Now, GOI has given Defence industrial corridor worth Rs. 20,000 crores for Bundelkhand.  But, in case of releasing a paltry 350 crores, the file is languishing in the PMO for the last 6 months.  Why this bias and partisan attitude, Mr. PM?  Is this the way you wanted to help backward districts in AP?  It is a shame.  Therefore, this promise also remains unfulfilled.Distribution of assets/Taxation anomaliesWe are even deprived in distribution of assets.  If you look at Sections 50, 51 & 56, there is a huge discrepancy in right to recover tax arrears and sharing of liability of refund of tax arrears.  This has resulted 3820 crores loss to AP.There is a great delay in apportionment of institutions under Section 68 of the Act.  AP Bhawan is yet to be divided between the two.On Revenue DeficitThere is a dispute with regard to the quantum of amount between GoAP and GOI.  Revenue deficit for 10 months i.e., from 2nd June, 2014, to 31st March, 2015, as per GoAP, is Rs. 16,078.76 crores.  GOI released Rs. 3,979.50 crores.  Unilaterally taking ‘standardized expenditure’, GOI qualified it at Rs. 4117 crores making the balance to be paid as 138.39 crores only.  But, the bone of contention is:CAG put the figure at 16,078 crores and even approved it.
Ministry of Finance made its own valuation and put the figure at 7,500 crores;
PMO reduced it to 4,117 crores without any explanation;
FM now says he can give only 138 crores.  How is it justified, Mr. PM?Secondly, as I said earlier, GOI has increased devolution of funds from 32 to 42%.  But, there are Cesses such as Krishi Kalyan Cess, Swachh Cess, Higher Education Cess, etc.  If you look at how much GOI collected through above Cesses and other surcharges under direct and indirect taxes in 2016-17, it is mindboggling.  Madam, Rs. 2.35 lakh crores collected.  But, there is no share for States in these Cesses.So, effectively, it is not 42%, but it is somewhere around 36-37%.
BJP is saying that 22,113 crores have been given to AP alone as Revenue Deficit.  It is wrong.  14 FC has also recommended revenue deficit of 4519 crores to Kerala; Rs. 11716 crores to West Bengal.  They are all statutory allocations.  But, the tragedy is that even after 5 years of Award period of 14 FC, AP is the only State which will remain revenue deficit, except SCSs.  So, BJP wanted to equate AP with North-Eastern States and not willing to bring it at par with other Southern States! How is it justified?

EAP projectsGOI says that 8,800 crore worth of EAP projects approved for AP.  But, GOI has not issued any guidelines.  When guidelines are not issued, nothing can be spent.  So, GoAP is paying the interest of Rs. 5 crores on approved loans.  Since guidelines have not been framed, GoAP asked for routing them through NABARD.  But, again, here, you are putting FRBM on AP.  Finally, Finance Ministry agreed that they could not issue guidelines for EAP projects.  So, we have asked for NABARD. Then, they said to set up an SPV.  Whether there is any history in the country to set up SPV for EAPs, to route funds through SPV and FRBM will also be borne by the State? So, it is totally a delay tactics of the Finance Minister.

APR Act 2014 – 19 items1.    Special Category Status, including tax incentives
2.    Bridging the Resource Gap
3.    Polavaram Project
4.    Formation of a RailwayZone
5.    Establishment of Greenfield Crude Oil Refinery & Petrochemical Complex
6.    Financial Assistance to Amaravati
7.    Institutes of National Importance
8.    Formation of Duggirajupatnam port at Nellore
9.    Increase of Seats in A.P. State Legislative Assembly
10.    Anomalies in Taxation Matters
11.    Steel Plant at YSR Kadapa District
12.    Establishment of Vizag-Chennai Industrial Corridor
13.    Vishakhapatnam and Vijayawada Metro
14.    Rapid Rail and Road Connectivity to Amaravati
15.    Development Assistance to Backward Districts
16.    Payment of Power Dues by Discom
17.    Apportionment of Schedule IX Institutions
18.    Apportionment of Schedule X Institutions
19.    Formation of Greyhound Training Centre 
On Rs. 13,472 crores given to APSir, hon. FM and President of AP BJP unit have been trumpeting through press conferences that they have given Rs. 13,472 crores to AP and they have also said that they have never given such huge amount to any other State.  Let me explain in a minute what they have given and under which head they have given.What GOI given    What GoAP is asking    UC Status Head    Amount (Cr) 16078 crores    
No need to submit UC
Revenue deficit    3979.50        
Polavaram    5363    GoAP already spend 13,053 crores.  58,000 crores is the project cost. RR needs 33,000 crores.    
UC Submitted
11 Institutes    576    11,672 crores    No need to submit UCs
New capital + Vijayawada Underdrainage     1550  + 1000    43,000 crores (for infrastructure alone)    32% UCs submitted for drainage works & 1582 cr. UCs submitted for capital
Backward districts    1050    At par with KBK &Bundelkhand region. 23,000 cr. asked by GoAP    UCs for 946 cr. Submitted 92% money spent
Agriculture University    135        Announced in this year Budget
AIIMS    54.61    1650    No need to submit UCs
Total    13708            You are saying that you have given Rs, 13,472 crores.  But, what you have given is this.  
    Out of 16,078 crores revenue deficit, you have given 3,979 crores.
    For Polavaram, project cost is 58,000 crores, but you have given 6,764 crores.
    You have given 576 crores for 11 institutions whereas the required amount is 11,672 crores.
    For new capital, we need 43,000 crores, but you have given 1550 crores.
    We should get 23,000 crores for backward districts, but you have given 1050 crores.
    So, GoAP is asking for 1.54 lakh crores, whereas, you have given just 13,472 crores.  
Government is saying that it is fulfilling all the promises.  Madam, merely giving 2-3% of funds, is it fulfillment?!  Mr. PM, is this justified?!
Now, let me come under which head/section you have given us money.
    Madam, revenue deficit has been given as mandated under Section 46(2) of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for Polavaram as mandated under Section 90 of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for institutions under Section 93 & Schedule 13 of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for new capital as directed under Section 94(3) of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for backward districts as directed under Section 46(3) of AP Reorganisation Act.
Madam Speaker, they are saying that they have given 13,472 crores. I agree. But, they are all given under compulsion, as mandated by the AP Reorganisation Act.  So, to say that they have given this money to AP without mandate is ridiculous.  They have given, because they are mandated to give, but it is riddled with deceit, and woefully short of being adequate. It certainly builds no confidence and no trust.

Amaravati
Section 94(3) says that financial support for creation of essential facilities in the new capital of AP would be provided by GOI.  The estimates were made.  Madam, Rs. 43,000 crores is required over a period of 5 years to construct essential infrastructure in Amaravati.  But, GOI has given just 1,500 crores and now screaming, instead of releasing more money, that GoAP has not submitted UCs in spite of submitting the same.  Madam, out of 1,500 crores given by GOI, GoAP submitted UCs for 1,583 crores.  
₹ 3,500 crores is the cost for Patel statue in Gujarat.  ₹ 3,000 crores is the cost for Shivaji statue in Maharashtra.  But, you have given just ₹ 1,500 crores for new capital Amaravati?! Mr. Prime Minister, how is this justified? How do you expect us to build a smart, greenfield capital city with just 1,500cr?
Madam, PM is constructing Dholera city in Gujarat.  It is 80 kms away from Ahmedabad.  Dholera would be twice the size of Delhi, which took 1000 years to grow to what it is now.  Dholera proposed to be six times bigger than Shanghai.  Is it wrong for the enterprising people of Andhra Pradesh to dream of having a world class capital? 
Secondly, Mr. Modi is on record saying that if voted to power, he would build us a capital bigger and better than Delhi. He himself advised our CM to visit Asthana, the capital of Kazakhstan.  Is it not true, Mr. PM?  Madam, I wish to bring to your notice and to the notice of the House that an amount of 68 billion dollars have been spent in building the capital of Kazakhstan, Asthana.  How can Amaravati be built with 1,500 crores?  
Thirdly, GoAP pooled 33,000 acres of land through pooling method which is one of its kind in India the value of which is more than Rs. 50,000 crores.  Now, it is being followed by every State.  For Navi Mumbai, they are giving 48,000 acres to ease pressure on Mumbai.  Now, opposition parties are criticizing why should you have 33,000 acres?  But, the moot point is, what are you doing to those farmers who have sacrificed their land for the capital?  
UCs on Amaravati, Backward districts, Polavaram
Amaravati has been given Rs. 2,500 crores. Out of this, Rs. 1,000 crores was given to Vijayawada (460 cr.) and Guntur (540) underground drainage.   Rs. 1500 crores is for capital.  For drainage, 32% work has been completed.   UCs have been submitted for 32% of work. 
[EXHIBIT-2]
It is 4 years work.  In one-and-a-half years, we have completed 32% of work.  We have submitted UCs for works to the tune of 330 crores.  BJP is saying that only 8% has been spent.  It is wrong. This can be checked through the Public Finance Management online software in the Finance Ministry.  It is there. 
Even for backward districts, out of 1050 crores, we have spent so far 946 crores and submitted UCs.  Moreover, AP is listed as the third State in submitting UCs.  Sir, we have spent 92% funds.  BJP says that only 12% funds have been spent.  It is wrong.  Raising the bogey of UCs and suspecting and unnecessarily tarnishing the image of CM of AP is not acceptable.  Recently, 350 crores have been recommended afresh by Finance Ministry and the RBI released it on February 9, 2018.  But, PMO stopped giving clearance on 15th February. So, funds have gone back to RBI.  
Discrepancies in AP Reorganisation Act
As I said earlier, through AP Reorganisation Bill, both the national parties played havoc with its provisions and its wording.  This was the strategy of the Congress to leave room in the wording to legally back out of the commitments at a later date and BJP, instead of opposing this, supported these words when Bill was passed. And, now, BJP is using these ‘flexibilities’ to claim that they are doing everything legally required as in the case of railway zone, steel plant, metro, etc. The Act uses the ambiguous terms interspersed with words like ‘examine”, “feasibility”, “provisional estimate” deliberately to have an escape route without binding them to fulfill the commitments and assurances of the Act. We demand that the provisions of AP Reorganisation Act should be fulfilled both in letter and spirit and without taking shelter under these ambiguous words. 
The point I am trying to drive at is whatever has been given, has been given as mandated by the AP Reorganisation Act or as per the Award of 14th FC which has also been given to other States.  So, there is nothing ‘special’ or ‘exclusively’ given for AP.  So, it is not charity; it is mandatory.  You have not shown any magnanimity or showered your blessings on us in the form of additional allocations.  It is the mandate given to you by the Act and the Commission.  Any Government at the Centre has to do it.  And, you have not given even a single penny as a part of any of the assurances given by PM.  This is what the people of AP are demanding. 

Sir, while we are asking to implement the assurances, the FM and Mr. Haribabu, former head of AP BJP, are telling what they have given under AP Reorganisation Act.  When we ask why meager allocations have been given under various provisions of AP Reorganisation Act, they say that thousands of crores are proposed under various projects.  
If we ask one thing, you reply another thing.  Sir, this spit-and-run won't work anymore.  We are not asking you to deposit Rs. 15 lakhs in the bank account every citizen of Andhra Pradesh.  We are only demanding our rights.

Polavaram
    I come to Polavaram which is lifeline of AP.  It is our dream.  I am not going to dwell this issue in detail.  My colleague, Mr. Ram will deal this issue in detail.  But, I only wish to say that the revised DPR submitted by the GoAP with an estimated cost of Rs. 58,000 crores which also contains rehabilitation and resettlement be approved by the Central Water Commission and the project be completed as per Schedule of 2019.
On Railway Zone
{EXHIBIT – 4}
    Madam, new Railway Zone at Visakhapatnam is part of the AP Reorganisation Act.  CM of AP started pursuing this since 8th December, 2014. Now, a shocking news item appeared in The Indian Express on 16th March, 2018.  It revealed recommendations of the Committee on creation of a separate Railway Zone at Visakhapatnam.  The House is aware who ‘prepared’ the Report.  I was shocked looking at the language that has been used in the Report.  It purportedly says that creation of a separate railway zone at Vizag is ‘catastrophic’ and like ‘putting many nails in the coffin of the Indian Railways because the new Zone will be confined to only one State.’  
I ask the hon. Railway Minister: Was it not ‘catastrophic’ and not ‘putting nails in the coffin’ when 7 railway zones were created?  I am not dealing with this issue in detail.  My colleague, Mr. Ram Mohan will deal this issue at length.
Educational institutions
    Madam, for 11 Central institutions only Rs. 638 crores has been given against the requirement of Rs. 11673 crores.  They are going on at snail’s pace and at this rate of funding it would take 20-30 years to complete.  
It is no exaggeration when I say that VIT and SRM institutions have been constructed in AP in just one year.  
And most importantly, when BJP can construct its Headquarters at Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg in Delhi in just 11/2years time, why cannot BJP Government construct institutions in 2-3 years is a big question to be replied by the PM.
I suggest for consideration of the FM, let there be a revolving fund with Rs. 5,000 or 6,000 crores and take up works and complete them in fixed timelines. 
On Vizag-Chennai Industrial Corridor
    This is one more injustice done to AP.  GOI has given Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Rs. 17,500 crores as equity through NICDIT and has okayed an additional Rs. 1,000 crores as grant-in-aid.  Funds released to SPVs formed between GOI and respective State Governments.  
Secondly, GOI has taken up Mumbai-Gurgaon Expressway connecting country’s two most backward districts Mewat in Haryana and Dahod in Gujarat in 3 years.  It costs ₹ 60,000 crores.  
But, nothing has been done on Vizag-Chennai Industrial Corridor!  So, I ask the PM and FM the reasons behind this.
On Crude Oil Refinery & Petroleum Complex
    This should be taken up by HPCL-GAIL consortium.  But, GOI is asking for Rs. 1,200 crores as Viability Gap Funding.  Why should the GoAP pay this when the beneficiary is GOI?  The Ministry of Petroleum asking GoAP to give VGF.  Mr. PM, is it not true that similar project was set up in Assam in which 50% subsidy for the project was given by the GOI and you only inaugurated that project.  So, my point is, why this differential treatment between AP and Assam regarding setting up of refinery.  Secondly, it is mandated in the AP Reorganisation Act that GOI will fulfill this.  So, VGF has to be given by GOI.  Let me substantiate my point.  
On Vizag & Vijayawada Metro 
    We had submitted DPR in 2015 for Vizag and Vijayawada Metro.  GOI has given in principle approval.  This has also been mentioned by the President of BJP in his letter to CM of AP.  But, what he has not mentioned is that the DPR sent back to AP saying that policy has changed hence submit a new DPR, instead of approving the project and making financial sanctions.  The problem is: Under the new Metro Policy, burden of raising funds will be on GoAP.  So, where from GoAP could generate funds when you are not increasing the FRBM limit to AP?  So, our demand is GOI should give Viability Gap Funding to these projects and approvals should be given on fast-track if they are sincere and committed to the development of AP.  

Escalation Process by TDP 
TDP waited four long years and 5 budgets of the Central Govt, no justice has been done to the state of Andhra Pradesh.  We have been requesting, forcefully requesting, demanding, protesting and threatening and then we walked out of the Govt, where our 2 Ministers resigned from the Cabinet. In order to bring it to the attention of the Parliament which decided the fate of Andhra Pradesh in 2014 by bifurcating the State unscientifically and in an undemocratic manner, as a last resort, we decided to disrupt Parliament, which is a part of democratic process, a weapon by weaker parties against an authoritative Government.
These decisions was not taken in a hurry, we've been continuously escalating and giving Government every opportunity to meet the fulfillments. Nothing has changed for us to re-evaluate our options, as the next step TDP pulled out of NDA, and then we moved this No-Confidence Motion. 
Misleading, delaying, deflecting, confusing, collusion & coercion tactics 
a.    14FC is taken as shield for not giving SCS.
b.    GST is taken as shield for not giving Industrial incentives.
c.    Paltry funding will take 20-30 years for completing the institutions.  
d.    Modi Regime has been saying that they are still evaluating the Railway Zone, studying feasibility of the Integrated Steel Plant at Kadapa, apart from other issues.
While we were protesting the Govt to deliver their promises, BJP has been delaying, misleading, colluding with our rival parties in AP and it has encouraged them to attack TDP!
TDP MPs are on the Watch List and YSRCP MPs are on Guest List of PM and Amit Shah.  No-Confidence Motion – Match FixingThis was neither a sudden decision nor a sudden action. We had started our demands, albeit politely, right from the first full-fledged Budget presented in 2014-15.  We have gradually escalated our demands.  We have waited for 4 years – till the last Budget.  Then, we withdrew our Ministers; we walked out of NDA; we started disrupting – though regrettable – the House as a last resort; and, finally, we have given notice of No-Confidence Motion, because there is trust-deficit.  It is only now the attention of the media and the entire country has been drawn as to why TDP has given notice of No-Confidence Motion.  What is AP deprived of?  How much of AP’s demands are genuine?   Finally, all political parties, media and the entire country understood and realized that YES, injustice has been done to AP.  It is only after that, we have this huge support inside and outside Parliament.  So, it is totally wrong and is a misconception. Rather, we have given every opportunity to GOI and BJP to fulfill assurances given and provisions of AP Reorganisation Act.  But, alas, nothing came out.  Now, you tell us, Madam; let the House tell us, let the country tell us what option do we have?  What way out do we have?  What can we do when FM categorically and bluntly says that no Special Category Status would be given to AP?  What can we do when PM, FM, Railway Minister and the entire Modi Regime ride roughshod over the people of AP?  We have no option left, because the people of AP and our CM have lost faith in the Modi Regime.  So, my party leader, Shri Chandrababu Naidu, has taken a very bold and conscious decision to walk out of the Govt and NDA and fight for the rights of the people of AP from inside and outside Parliament.  And, this No-Confidence Motion is the beginning of that fight.  

BJP Strategy BJP is in the process of weakening regional parties. It’s done in North East, now they are trying in TN and AP.All your oldest allies, whether it is SS in Maharashtra or Akali Dal in Punjab or JDU – even though it is also an old ally, it left and joined again due to political compulsions – are not happy with the alliance dharma that you are showing because for you politics is not charity.  Here, I remember what your General Secretary, Shri Ram Madhav said at the BJP State level Executive Meeting held in Warangal on 23rd July, 2017, and I quote:“Politics have to be coldblooded. Politics are not for doing charity.  We do politics only to capture power.  The aim of politics is to capture power.  There is no scope for emotions in politics.”But, for TDP politics are sacred and this fight of TDP is Dharma Poratam, not a coldblooded fight.Your political strategy, if I were to use the word in business terms, is called ‘creeping acquisition’ followed by ‘hostile takeover.’  You demonstrated this time and again and now attempting it in North-East and TN.  The most recent moves you are making in AP suggest the same strategy being adopted in AP as well.  Is it alliance dharma to use an ally’s rivals to attack them?  Is it alliance dharma to negotiate with YSRCP which is principal opposition party in AP, in whose government you were also a partner?  Is the National BJP a different party than the State BJP?  Are we to remain silent when our partner is flirting and having an affair with our political rivals?What is BJP’s definition of ally?  What is our definition of an ally?  When we think of an ally, we think of a partner.  We were allies and partners in NDA-I and we were treated like allies and partners.  Other coalitions have also maintained this Dharma and worked with partners for mutual benefit.  But, this Modi-Shah regime seems to have a different definition for ally.  For them, it is a zero sum game and this is how they approach.  They believe that they can only benefit at the expense of their ally.  To achieve this, they nurture relationship with all the rivals of allies.  They strengthen, finance and give them strategy, consultancy to weaken their ally to create a vacuum in the State.  They use divisive strategies and tactics to divide people on the lines of caste, religion or through any other sentiments that they can evoke to drive division in the society.  They are disruptive and dispassionate in their approach without considering the cost of human lives and cost to the nation.  This is the NDA of today under Modi-Shah regime which is authoritarian, intolerant, repressive, autocratic and Machiavellian.  Look at how allies are being destroyed in Arunachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, JK, and Bihar.  Their approach is to destroy their allies by starving them of funds and turning public opinion against them.  They want their allies to not perform and use it against them.  They do it by controlling the flow of money and other resources.   It is disappointing to note that the Modi Regime is trying to mar the image of the Senior-most Leader in the Country, Shri Nara Chandrababu Naidu Garu.  With over 40 years of Assembly experience, he has an unblemished record.  When he was the Leader of the Opposition in the AP Assembly for 10 years, 26 Committees/Commissions were constituted to pin him down.  But, not even a single Commission/Committee proved him guilty.  This shows how clean he is in public life.  He was the first to come into the fold of NDA2. With vast experience, he submitted reports on Micro Irrigation, Swachh Bharat, and Digital transactions.  It is quite unfortunate that Sri Chandrababu Naidu Garu who was instrumental in national politics and played a vital role in National Front, United Front, NDA1 and now NDA2, is being treated with disdain. 

AP No, 1 status and Major schemes of GoAPIn spite of neglect and brickbats, 

AP is No 1 in Ease of doing Businesses - 2nd time in a row

AP is No 1 in Best Infrastructure Andhra Pradesh has bagged India Today’s prestigious ‘State of States Award’ for having the best infrastructure in the country. 

["Andhra's improved air connectivity, with 11 airports (existing and planned), four major ports and the planned 975-km coastal Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial Corridor should make the state a top player,”] 

AP is No 1 in Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness.

The World Bank has ranked Andhra Pradesh number one in Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness.

[The World Bank felt that the political will, visionary leadership and result oriented approach of the State Administration, headed by Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, helped the state in achieving the first rank with an overall score of 42.01]

AP is No 1 in Marine exportsAP bagged the Digital Leader of the year (award for the best utilisation of technology in governance).

Andhra Pradesh Minister for IT, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Nara Lokesh received the “Digital Leader of the Year” award at the Business World Digital India Summit and Awards 2018.

AP stands 1st in India in GSDP growth rate

AP is the 1st state in inter-linking of rivers Pattiseema Project (linking Krishna and Godavari rivers)

AP is among the top 3 states in agriculture and horticulture

Further, our CM has been able to implement majority of the promises made to the people of AP and gone beyond that for the welfare and wellbeing of the people of AP.

On first day of assuming office, our CM has waived off Rs. 24,000 crores of farm loans to benefit 61 lakh farmers.

Under NTR Bharosa, Rs. 1000 per month is given as pension to senior citizens and widows.  

Safe and protected drinking water for all the households under NTR Sujala.

By using the latest Technologies, we have made AP is No .1 in production of Maize, Lemon, Chillies, Palm oil, fisheries, Prawns and sheep herding and 2nd place in Paddy, Tomato and Poultry segments.

Pattiseema integration of rivers within a record time of one year helped drought affected Rayalaseema.

Implementing BC Sub plan with Rs 10000 Cr.   It is 1st in country to have BC sub plan. Rs 40000 crores has been spent so far in the last 4 years.  
   Implementing SC/ST Sub plan and spent 30,000 crores in 4 years.

Rs 1000 Cr for the welfare of the Muslims. 

Integration of 5 Rivers.

NTR Arogya Raksha Rs 1200 per year will provide 2 lakhs health insurance.

Centre vs States & Co-operative federalismResentment against Govt increases. More & more members from different parties are protesting.  What is the accountability of the Central Govt if promises, commitments, and Acts of Parliament are not fulfilled? There is a trust deficit between the Centre and the States.Madam, the PM is a legend in coining words and phrases.   It is nice to hear co-operative federalism.  BJP talks about co-operative federalism.  Congress talks about co-operative federalism.  But, what does it mean?  It means, the Centre and States work collectively to solve problems.  The PM says that he is champion of co-operative federalism since he has devolved 42% of Central taxes have been devolved to States which is the highest.

I strongly feel that just because Centre gives 42%, does not mean that it can take States for a ride!In fact, if you calculate, it does not come to 42%; it would be somewhere between 38-39%.  Let me explain this.  Earlier, GOI used to get Rs. 5 out of every Rs. 100 it collected from States.  But, now, there are Cesses, such as Krishi Kalyan Cess, Swachch Bharat Cess, Education Cess, etc.  GOI does not share money collected through these Cesses with States. Through these Cesses, GOI is now getting Rs. 13 and only the remaining Rs. 87 is distributed among the States.  Secondly, Centrally Sponsored Schemes have been reduced from 116 to 66 which increases the burden on States. So, effectively, it is not 42%, but it is somewhere 38-39%.  So, what I wanted to say is: Does the Union not have the commitment towards States?  They are making tall promises, but not delivering them.  In our case, it is not promises, it is about implementation of an Act of Parliament, Cabinet decisions taken on the assurances given by PM in Parliament.  If you don’t implement the Cabinet decisions, what sort of co-operative federalism are you talking about?

National Issues

Farm loan waiver -- What commitment Modi Sarkar has towards farmers.  Rich states like TS, MH, RJ, etc., can give loan waiver to their farmers. What about farmers of poor states and revenue deficit AP.  Are AP farmers children of a lesser God? What is the fate of farmers in revenue deficit states?15th Finance Commission -- The 15th Finance Commission is taking into account population of 2011 as basis for devolution of fund.  It means, the performing States are being punished for controlling population.  States are demanding that 1971 population should be taken as basis for devolution of funds, because performing States have done on all fronts, including controlling the population between 1971 and 2011.  So, you are, through 15th FC, punishing performing States and dolling out money to non-performing States.Mob lynching – Madam, the less I speak about mob lynching the better it is.  We have umpteen cases right from Rajasthan to Kerala.  But, PM is conspicuously silent on such an important issue which shook the nation.  Farmers – Madam, we have seen how farmers from TN staged protest for more than a month at Jantar Mantar for waiver of farm loan.  This Modi Government is insensitive towards farmers.  I am not going deep into issues, be it Rs. 5 given for sugarcane growers or 1.5 times of MSP.  MSP declared recently is not what Dr. Swaminathan has recommended.  

I demand that MSP should be what Dr. Swaminathan has recommended.E-NAM – Modi trumpeted about E-NAM, but it proved to be a dam squib.  Madam, I represent Guntur Constituency which produces 25% of world’s chilli production.  Even here the E-NAM project is a big failure.  What the PM says on this?

Safety & Security of Women and Children – Madam, where is this country going?  Can we ever think of safety and security of women and girls under this Government?  I would not like to go deep into the issue since other hon. Member, I am sure, would dwell this issue at length.  

NPAs – It is mindboggling that NPAs have reached nearly 12 lakh crores.  The banking system is crumbling.  Confidence in the banking system is shrinking.  PM claims that 32 of poor have been given bank accounts.  When there is no trust on banks, how do we expect that people would keep their money in banks?  If this trend continues, the days are numbered when banking system in India collapses.Depreciation of rupee – Madam, I draw the attention of the hon. PM.  When he was CM of Gujarat, he was very critical of the Government of the day when rupee reached 45 or 46 mark.  Now, we have rupee at nearly 70.  What would the hon. PM say now?  

I only request him to take necessary steps to control the rapid slide of rupee.Unemployment – The less I talk about unemployment the better it is.  The rate of unemployment is going up like anything.  Younger generation is frustrating waiting for an opportunity to throw this Government in 2019.  It is their anger and anguish which punishes this Government, because it failed to create employment opportunities.Our CM has met the PM and many other Ministers 29 times during the last 31/2 years.  He met Ministers personally going to their offices even though protocol does not require this. He waited for five full Budgets that Modi Regime would take steps to fulfill the promises made on the Floor of Rajya Sabha on 20th February, 2014, and implement various provisions of AP Reorganisation Act. We were utterly disappointed and brutally neglected. Media gave little importance to these.  I appeal to the media in the North to first, at least telecast the factual position and not telecast tinkered and twisted facts.  

I also appeal the entire House, with folded hands, to understand the injustice and support AP, our CM and this Motion.Madam, in 2019, very many surveys predict that there would be hung Parliament.  Even if they are able to form the Government, BJP will not have majority; it will be minority Government.  And, when you are looking for allies whom do you think that they come forward.  When you are transactional would your allies also not be transactional?   The style of your leadership, tactics, strategy have been seen and understood by everyone and now there is a strong sentiment to change this regime.ConclusionMadam, from ‘the State of AP’, we have become ‘residuary State of AP.’

We are not asking to turn the clock back.  We are only asking to do justice to AP.  

Madam, in conclusion, it is quite relevant and necessary to quote what Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel said.  He said: “It will be folly to ignore realities; facts take their revenge, if they are not faced squarely and well.”This quote exactly suits to Andhra Pradesh.  

And, I am sure the PM, the President of BJP and the FM will realize that it will be folly to ignore realities, because facts and truth will take their revenge.   Hence, I demand the PM to, at least, give a hand-holding to structurally defective State of AP by conferring SCS on it and to direct the FM, the Railway Minister and other Ministers to immediately take steps to fulfill all the assurances given to AP and to implement all the provisions of AP Reorganisation Act with fixed timelines.  

Even now they are not extending a hand-holding, I remember a saying which I wish to quote here.  It says:Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. We have been fooled once.There is no room for negotiations.  AP was broken and crippled by the Center and left with these Rights. The People of Andhra Pradesh demand their Rights.

With these observations, I commend the Motion to the House and request the entire House with folded hands to support this Motion and impress and convince the Government of India to grant SCS to AP and other assurances given by the PM and implement provisions of AP Reorganisation Act within a fixed timeframe.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, nvkrishna said:

Full speech of TDP MP Jayadev Galla

Before moving the Motion, I would like to thank you for finally admitting the No-Confidence Motion and for taking this Motion to its logical conclusion i.e., debate and voting.I also thank my leader, Shri Nara Chandrababu Naidu Garu and my colleague, Shri Kesineni Srinivas Garu for giving me this opportunity to move this Motion and to initiate the debate.  

I would also like to thank CPM, CPI, AAP, Congress, SP, KC, RSP, NCP, TMC, AIMIM, RJD and other parties which have extended their support to us on this Motion. I was told that a first-time MP has never been given the opportunity to initiate a debate on No Confidence Motion.  So, I feel it is a privilege and honor for a new Member like me, to initiate one of the most important debates in the history of Indian Parliament.  

With these initial words, Madam, I move:“This House expresses its want of Confidence in the Council of Ministers.”The latest Telugu blockbuster, ‘Bharat Ane Nenu’, or ‘I Bharat’, is a story about a young NRI who returns to India after his father, who is a CM, dies suddenly. Bharat enters politics reluctantly, and becomes a young, dynamic and beloved CM. The recurring theme is about Trust, and his Mother’s advice that Bharat keeps recalling; A promise is a promise... If a man makes a promise and doesn’t keep it, he doesn’t have the right to call himself a man.It was a blockbuster because the general mood of the people reflects well in the film. People are tired of empty assurances and unfulfilled commitments.

The saga of Andhra Pradesh during the Modi-Shah Regime is just that, a saga of empty promises and unfulfilled commitments.Madam Speaker, non-implementation of an Act of Parliament is a national issue.Non-implementation of assurances given by none other than the PM on the floor of Parliament, during consideration of the AP Reorganization Bill, without which this Bill would not have been passed, is also a national issue.  So, it is not prudent to say that the issues of AP are not national issues; they are certainly national issues and also emotional issues for the people of AP and today it is a litmus test to Parliament how it ensures implementation of these and similar other issues.

Madam Speaker,The President of BJP, when he met BJP Core Committee Members, including MPs, MLAs and MLCs from AP, on 17th of March, at Delhi, declared to wage a war on TDP.        

Madam, 

It is not a war between BJP and TDP;

It is a war between the Modi Regime and Andhra Pradesh;

it is a war between the Modi Regime and the 5 Cr people of AP;

it is a war against discrimination shown by the Modi Regime towards AP;

it is a war to honor an Act of Parliament and assurances made by Prime Minister in Parliament.

It is a war between the Authoritarian, Machiavellian attitude of the Modi Regime and the rights of States that make up the Federal Republic of India.  

It is a Dharma Poratam (Dharma Yudh)I request the House not to construe my views and observations in a narrow sense, but to look at them in a larger perspective of how the relationship should have been between the Centre and the States, under the federal structure.

Madam Speaker, this No Confidence Motion has been brought by the TDP because of 4 reasons – Fairness, Trust, Priority and Bias.  Or rather, lack of Fairness, lack of Trust, lack of Priority, and lack of an unbiased approach.Lack of Fairness is about the unscientific and undemocratic bifurcation, and its impact on the people of AP.  Lack of Trust is about where the Modi Regime has used misleading, delaying, denying, deflecting, confusing, collusion and coercion tactics to betray the people of AP.

Lack of Priority is how AP is getting the least priority.  And, Lack of Unbiased approach, where funds given to AP are far less than what is being given to projects across India.  Madam, I will be focusing on my speech which reflects the voice of 5 Cr people of AP and it will be focusing on these four aspects.

Madam Speaker,

with your permission I will be focusing on the Special Category Status and financial related issues of the AP Reorganisation Act and my colleague Ram Mohan Naidu will focus on Infrastructure and Institutions in detail.It has been 4 years since the bill is passed and 2 new States were formed – one is OLD STATE WITH A NEW NAME and the other is NEW STATE WITH AN OLD NAME.  Telangana is not a new State, AP is a new State.  All the challenges and burdens are to be faced by AP. We are the ones who have to build infrastructure, capital, industrial base etc., where Telangana has all of them. It has been 4 years we have been put into that challenge, but uncertainty and difficulties goes back several decades old and reached its peak 10 years prior to bifurcation and we continue to struggle even after 4 years of bifurcation with same uncertainty. So we need relief from this uncertainty. Instead of providing us relief, Modi Regime is creating more uncertainties and more challenges.Unscientific & Undemocratic BifurcationI am not going back in history.  But, I certainly go back to 2014 when AP was divided. We all know how unscientifically, undemocratically, inequitably, arbitrarily, irrationally and by bulldozing the entire Parliament, the AP Reorganisation Bill was passed.  This becomes clear if you look at the range of issues still languishing for resolution, even four years later.Madam, when AP was divided, AP was burdened with huge revenue deficit of 16,000 crores. 1.3 lakh crores of loan burden was put on AP;

24,000 crores undivided loan burden put on AP for which interest is being paid by GoAP which shattered our FRBM limits; Power allocation was made on consumption basis -- AP is the loser; Refund of tax liability made on the basis of population at 58% for AP and 42% for Telangana -- AP is loser since it has very, very limited revenue generation sources.; Assets have been given on the basis of their location -- AP lost 3,800 crores; Singareni Collieries -- a Schedule IX Co., -- given to Telangana with 51% equity.  But, similar dispensation for its subsidy APHMEL in AP which is also a Schedule IX Co., has not been given to AP.  Is it equal justice?Pension liabilities from the combined State divided on the basis of population i.e., 58:42 thereby burdened AP.  Is it equal justice?
Hence, I have no hesitation to say that it was not just the Congress alone, but even the BJP, which had supported the Bill, without insisting on the UPA Government to make the Bill scientific and equitable, is equally guilty.  Both the national parties have crippled AP.Bifurcation impact on economy.

It has been mentioned that even after bifurcation, AP is still better off than some of the States in the country.  This is the reason given to us by the Government on why we are not eligible for certain support like SCS.  However, when we compare ourselves, we have to compare with our neighbours.  If we live in a home, our families will tend to compare themselves and their standard of living with their neighbours and neighbourhood.  If they have the worst house on the block and least income on the block, they are not going to be happy that they’re better off than families who live on the other side of town.  AP is a Southern State.  It was one of four Southern States and now is one of five. The undivided AP was competing on all parameters with other Southern neighbours.  Most of the wealth generated for the State was generated from the economic engine of the capital city of Hyderabad.  The wealth that was generated in Hyderabad was generated by people from all over the undivided State of AP, who came to Hyderabad to settle in their capital, and to seek their fortunes.  Now, after asymmetrical bifurcation where Telangana with less population has been given more resources and AP with more population has been given less resources, this has created a situation where the Government of AP and the people of AP do not have the resources to ensure that the quality of life is maintained for the citizens.  We have to compare with our neighbours and, therefore, when we look at the impact of the economy, we have to look with this lens.   

Agriculture:

After bifurcation, AP has been reduced to an agrarian State. 31.77% of its revenue comes from agriculture when compared to 15.34% of Telangana, 11.39% of Tamil Nadu, and 11.68% of Karnataka.

Industry:

After bifurcation, AP reduced its industrial contribution to less than 20% when compared to Telangana’s 22.10%, Tamil Nadu’s 31.72% and Karnataka’s 23.68%.  And the all India figure is much higher than AP which stood at 29.02%.
Services:Even in Services AP lags behind. It has just 46% of revenue from services compared to 62.56% of Telangana, 56.88% of Tamil Nadu and 64.44% in Karnataka.  The national average is 53.66%.  This clearly shows that AP is also languishing in services in spite of it having rich talent.  It is due to lack of industrial base, the service sector is also impacted.Institutions:About 90% of institutions, after bifurcation, have gone to Telangana. AP left in lurch.  There was not even a single national institution of repute.  Of course, now, GoI proposed some institutions.  But, they are also going on at snail's pace.  The impact of bifurcation is such that despite growing at the fastest pace among the Southern States, the gap between AP and other States in per capita income is clearly visible and, if the same treatment is meted out, it will only widen. Per Capita IncomeEven though growth rate of AP is much higher than any other southern state, the per capita income is much less.  Let me take you to 2014-15 where the rate of growth was 13.07%, but per capita income was lowest among Southern States and it stood at Rs. 93,699.  Same is the case in 2015-16 and 2016-17.  In 2016-17, the growth was 13.14% whereas the per capita income was Rs. 1.22 lakhs when compared to Karnataka’s Rs. 1.57 lakhs and Telangana’s 1.55 lakhs, more than 20% lower.

Assurances:

Then-PM, MMS, has given 6 assurances on 20-02-2014 on the floor of RS.  

They are:

Special Category Status for 5 years.

Industrial incentives on the lines of 11 States.

Assistance to backward districts on the lines of Bundelkhand and KBK districts.

Amendment for Polavaram i.e., to bring back 7 Mandals to AP.

Distribution of assets and liabilities to be completed satisfactorily.

Revenue deficit between the appointed day and acceptance of 14 FC recommendations to be compensated in 2014-15.  It is 10 months from June, 2014, to March, 2015.

On Special Category Status,

Madam, let me first submit the major demand of the people of AP.  It is about granting of SCS.  Madam, I am neither tinkering nor twisting or tweaking the facts; my facts are unadorned and I am ready for any challenge from anybody, including PM, in the Centre to contest these.So, before coming to the facts, let me, with your permission, start my journey from the day AP bifurcated.

Madam,

Congress Party, in 2014, sliced ‘Telugu Talli’ into two pieces in crude, unscientific and irrational way and Shri Narendra Modi, while campaigning in AP, had rightly said and I quote: “Congress killed the mother and saved the child.  Had I been there, I would have saved the mother too.

”People of AP fell flat for this statement and determined in their heart and soul that, come what may, we will be with Mr. Modi.  We have waited; people of AP waited for four long years that Mr. Modi would save the mother.  Instead of saving AP, Mr. Modi, through the FM, through his press conference on 7th March, 2018, announced that no SCS would be given to AP.

The FM said, if the demand for SCS of AP is acceded, other States such as Bihar, Odisha will also demand.  It is rubbish, baseless, frivolous and a trivial argument.  And, I have no hesitation to say that the FM should know the fundamental difference between the two. Let me remind this August house that the Union Cabinet conferred SCS on AP in its meeting on 1st March, 2014, subsequent to the assurance made by then-PM mentioned earlier. Other states have not been given an assurance by a PM on the floor of either houses of Parliament, nor has a cabinet decision been made in this regard.  

This is a very dangerous precedent. Mr. Prime Minister, do you have any respect for commitments made by your predecessors?

Indeed, should you even have a choice? What value does the word of a PM given on the floor of the house have? Can we believe, that if you give an assurance, it will be fulfilled in the future, even if you are not around? How can we function as a nation, if we can’t take the word of our PM given in Parliament, to be respected and fulfilled?Madam, it is not that BJP was opposed to SCS when it was in the opposition.  In fact, BJP, in its 2014 Manifesto for Assembly elections in AP, assured that it would give additional 5 years of the status i.e., 10 years instead of 5 years proposed by the then PM.  

Mr. Prime Minister, in Guntur, in Nellore, in Tirupati, in front of Lord Balaji, you promised to give SCS for 10 years. And he also emphasized and appealed to the people of AP to decide whether they need Seemandhra or Scamandhra.. and he said, “I am a person who will not eat or allow others to eat, “Main Chun Chun Ke Hisaab Loonga Unlogonka”.  [EXHIBIT 3]But to the utter disappointment of the people, you are protecting people like Gali Janardhan Reddy, A1, A2 accused in AP and many others. The country is aware that cases on family members of Gali Janardhan Reddy were dismissed and tickets were given in the recent Karnataka Assembly Elections.  This reflects how serious you are on corruption and on corrupt people.You raised the expectations of supporting and developing AP, only to shatter them. Why should we have confidence and trust in you?

Now, you are singing a different tune, which people of AP are keenly observing, and I have no doubt that they would give a befitting reply in the coming elections.  I even go to the extent of saying that BJP will be decimated in AP, the way Congress was, if people of AP are deceived and cheated.  

Mr. Prime Minister, it is not a threat; this is SHRAP;

these are the words coming out of anguish, pain and frustration from the people of AP, that how a PM, on whom we had immense faith, has deceived and betrayed the people of AP in such a blatant and rude manner.

The third point I wish to make is relating to Article 4 of the Constitution.  It says that when any State is bifurcated under Article 3 – AP is divided under this Article – then supplemental, incidental and consequential measures can be taken by Parliament.  And, even Supreme Court in Pradip Chowdhury and Mullaperiar cases repeatedly said this.  So, the point I am trying to drive at, is that the very bifurcation of the State is predicated upon assurance of SCS, etc.  Therefore, SCS is supplemental, incidental and consequential to bifurcation.  And, to say that 14th FC has not recommended is a conceptual blunder of the Union Government.  So, when it is clearly said in Article 4 that Parliament can do it; 14th FC or its recommendations cannot prevent Parliament from doing it.  Madam, the FM and almost the entire Cabinet have been categorical that the 14th FC recommended not to confer SCS on any State.  Let me disband, dismantle and dismiss this argument at one go.  Two Members of the 14 FC have refuted the argument of the FM lock, stock and barrel.  Shri Govind Rao and Dr. Abhijit Sen gave it in writing that the Commission did not recommend this.  Even the Chairman of 14th FC, Shri Y.V. Reddy is on record saying that Commission did not recommend this.  Let me quote, due to paucity of time, what Shri Govind Rao, Member, 14 FC, had said on SCS.  

He said and I quote:
“The additional terms of reference merely stated that the commission should take into account the resources available to the successor or reorganised States in accordance with the AP Reorganisation Act and the Ministry of Home Affairs notification.  That did not require the Commission to deal with the question of according SCS and it did not therefore make any recommendation in that regard. Therefore, the statement in the notification on special package that ‘…following the recommendations of the 14th Finance Commission, the class of SCS ceases to exist.’ is misleading.”

Madam, let me give one more example of how GOI maneuvered through and denied SCS to AP.  As I said, Ministers and officials in the Government are taking shelter under 14th FC recommendation to deny SCS to AP.  I would like to assert here that prospective recommendations of various commissions, even if there are any to that effect, cannot be made applicable retrospectively to the past commitments, assurances and decisions.  14th FC recommendations are prospective.  How can you implement them retrospectively?  Here, in this case, it is the decision of the Union Cabinet and it is not an ordinary decision.In this context, I would like to recapitulate that the Union Government had created a Sub-Group of CMs to address the issue of continuation of Special Category Status to the North-East and Hilly States which are enjoying the same in the past.  Based on the recommendations of the said Sub-Group, NITI Aayog had issued an Office Memorandum on 17th August, 2016, whereby it was decided to continue the Special Category Status benefits to those States.  Subsequently also, it has extended the financial and other benefits to them.  So, when we have been demanding for SCS, your argument, Mr. FM, is that the Planning Commission was dismantled and NITI Aayog has no mandate to give SCS to any State.  If that is so, how, on the basis of Office Memorandum dt. 17th August, 2016, have you extended SCS benefits to all 11 SCSs?  Mr. FM, is it not discrimination and injustice to AP? Did you not mislead us about the 14th FC recommendations, and did you not also state that it would be unconstitutional to go against the alleged recommendations?Madam, I have one more irrefutable and undeniable truth and proof to present before this august House.  I hope that this will open the eyes of the FM and the Modi Regime.  It was on 15th March, 2018, the Minister of Planning, Shri Rao Inderjit Singh, in reply to an Unstarred Question No. 2360 in the Rajya Sabha, said and I quote:[EXHIBIT 1]“The 14th FC in its recommendations has not made any specific reference not to confer Special Category Status to any State.”
So, hon. FM, kindly stop misleading the people by twisting facts, because it won’t work anymore.  You can’t fool all of the people, all of the time.I have given seven facts/justification why SCS should be conferred on AP.  They are:
    Assurance by none other than Mr. Modi during 2014 election campaign.
    Ours is not ‘demand’ for SCS; ours is to ‘implement’ the Cabinet decision on SCS.
    BJP Manifesto said that it will give SCS for 10 years.
    Article 4 of the Constitution clearly and categorically says that if State is bifurcated under Article 3 then supplemental, incidental and consequential measures can be taken by Parliament.  
    Written views of Members of the 14th FC and also views of Chairman of 14 FC on SCS.
    NITI Aayog has issued Office Memorandum on 17th August, 2016, whereby it was decided to continue SCS to 11 States.
    Minister of Planning clearly said that 14th FC has never recommended not to confer SCS on any State.
Even the CMs of Bihar and Puducherry have support granting SCS to AP.
So, with folded hands, I appeal to the PM and FM to please, at least, now, realize and announce SCS to AP.
Allegation that our CM has taken ‘U’ turn on SCSMadam Speaker, BJP, YSRCP, Congress and now Jana Sena Party in AP, are saying that our CM has taken ‘U’ turn and asking for SCS again instead of package.  Let me go back to 2016.  We were demanding for SCS till September, 2016.  In September, 2016, hon. FM made a statement that Special Package would be given which will be equal to that of SCS.  Since then we have been waiting for Special Package.  But, even after presenting his final and full Budget, FM did not give even a single penny under Special Package.Mr. FM, is it also not true when GoAP officials came Delhi to discuss with the Ministry, did Ministry not say that GOI is not agreeable for 90:10 on Externally Aided Projects.  Instead, they were told that Central assistance will be provided by way of repayment of loan for EAP projects in the ratio of 70:30, that too, only till 2020, to the extent of Rs. 15,000 crores.  And, this too by putting the FRBM under State head.See, how many conditions you have put on EAP.  And, at press conference on 7th March the FM came with 90:10 formula since he was cornered with facts and figures.  I am giving only one example due to paucity of time.  If this is how you deal with AP, do you really think that people of AP would pardon you and give you votes?You deceived us into accepting the Special Package by using 14th FC as an excuse. You didn’t even bother to give it legislative backing. To add injury to insult, we haven’t received a single paisa promised in the package.Since nothing has been done so far on Special Package, we are demanding to implement the Cabinet decision on SCS to AP.  So, I wish to clarify the critics of CM and TDP that we are treading the right path; it is only you who are changing the goal posts for nefarious political gains. Industrial incentivesMadam, hon. FM said that industrial incentives given to other SCSs will no longer exist post-GST implementation which is completely a misleading statement.  Even then, we insisted that whatever industrial incentives that these States get post-GST implementation should be given to AP as well on the lines of assurance given by PM.  But, what AP given is 15% additional depreciation on new plant & machinery and 15% additional investment allowance.  But, they are given only to backward areas, not to the entire State.  Secondly, it is not exclusively for 7 districts of AP.  It is for all the 150 backward districts in the country.  What is special for AP?  There is nothing special.  Whereas, even post-GST implementation, the SCSs continue to get industrial incentives in line with what they were getting earlier. As per the Notification issued in July, 2017, in pursuance of Budgetary support of Rs. 27,000 crores to the existing 4,324 units in SCS, till sunset period of March, 2027.  And, again, on 21st March, 2018, the Ministry of Commerce & Industry approved the North-East Industrial Development Scheme with a financial outlay of Rs. 3,000 crores to North-East States up to March, 2020.  The incentives that are given are for capital investment, to access credit, interest incentive, GST reimbursement, IT reimbursement, Transport, Employment and other incentives.  But, when we are asking to extend the same to us, the FM is silent!  He is not saying anything about it.  Here again, we have been misled, and therefore this promise remains unfulfilled.

Backward districtsSection 46(3) of AP Reorganisation Act talks about special development package for backward districts in AP.  This emanates from the assurance given by PM.  But, this assurance has been diluted in the Act.  The assurance was to provide package on the lines of KBK districts in Odisha and Bundelkhand in MP and UP.  If you look at all economic and human development indicators, it reveals that all 7 backward districts are closer to SCSs rather than other Southern States.  But, Modi Regime has given just 1050 crores for 7 districts for 3 years.  It is not in line with what has been given to KBK and Bundelkhand under special package.  KBK was given 5,500 crores and Bundelkhand was given 7,200 crores each to UP and MP.  And, if you calculate per capita allocation, it is mindboggling to know.  Madam, under Bundelkhand package per head allocation of Rs. 4,115 was made.  Whereas, for AP, per head allocation is just Rs. 428.57!  So, what GOI given to AP is pittance!  What kind of infrastructure can be developed Rs. 50 crores a year? Why are we being given just one tenth of what was given in Bundelkhand on a per capita basis?Secondly, BJP is crying foul that we have not spent even this small amount of money.  Madam, we have spent 946 crores out of 1050 crores which is 92% of allocation, not 12% as claimed by them.  We have UCs to prove that.Thirdly, Finance Ministry proposed additional 350 crores and RBI released it on 9th February, 2018.  But, PMO stopped giving clearance to it on 15th February, 2018.  So, funds have gone back to RBI.  Now, GOI has given Defence industrial corridor worth Rs. 20,000 crores for Bundelkhand.  But, in case of releasing a paltry 350 crores, the file is languishing in the PMO for the last 6 months.  Why this bias and partisan attitude, Mr. PM?  Is this the way you wanted to help backward districts in AP?  It is a shame.  Therefore, this promise also remains unfulfilled.Distribution of assets/Taxation anomaliesWe are even deprived in distribution of assets.  If you look at Sections 50, 51 & 56, there is a huge discrepancy in right to recover tax arrears and sharing of liability of refund of tax arrears.  This has resulted 3820 crores loss to AP.There is a great delay in apportionment of institutions under Section 68 of the Act.  AP Bhawan is yet to be divided between the two.On Revenue DeficitThere is a dispute with regard to the quantum of amount between GoAP and GOI.  Revenue deficit for 10 months i.e., from 2nd June, 2014, to 31st March, 2015, as per GoAP, is Rs. 16,078.76 crores.  GOI released Rs. 3,979.50 crores.  Unilaterally taking ‘standardized expenditure’, GOI qualified it at Rs. 4117 crores making the balance to be paid as 138.39 crores only.  But, the bone of contention is:CAG put the figure at 16,078 crores and even approved it.
Ministry of Finance made its own valuation and put the figure at 7,500 crores;
PMO reduced it to 4,117 crores without any explanation;
FM now says he can give only 138 crores.  How is it justified, Mr. PM?Secondly, as I said earlier, GOI has increased devolution of funds from 32 to 42%.  But, there are Cesses such as Krishi Kalyan Cess, Swachh Cess, Higher Education Cess, etc.  If you look at how much GOI collected through above Cesses and other surcharges under direct and indirect taxes in 2016-17, it is mindboggling.  Madam, Rs. 2.35 lakh crores collected.  But, there is no share for States in these Cesses.So, effectively, it is not 42%, but it is somewhere around 36-37%.
BJP is saying that 22,113 crores have been given to AP alone as Revenue Deficit.  It is wrong.  14 FC has also recommended revenue deficit of 4519 crores to Kerala; Rs. 11716 crores to West Bengal.  They are all statutory allocations.  But, the tragedy is that even after 5 years of Award period of 14 FC, AP is the only State which will remain revenue deficit, except SCSs.  So, BJP wanted to equate AP with North-Eastern States and not willing to bring it at par with other Southern States! How is it justified?

EAP projectsGOI says that 8,800 crore worth of EAP projects approved for AP.  But, GOI has not issued any guidelines.  When guidelines are not issued, nothing can be spent.  So, GoAP is paying the interest of Rs. 5 crores on approved loans.  Since guidelines have not been framed, GoAP asked for routing them through NABARD.  But, again, here, you are putting FRBM on AP.  Finally, Finance Ministry agreed that they could not issue guidelines for EAP projects.  So, we have asked for NABARD. Then, they said to set up an SPV.  Whether there is any history in the country to set up SPV for EAPs, to route funds through SPV and FRBM will also be borne by the State? So, it is totally a delay tactics of the Finance Minister.

APR Act 2014 – 19 items1.    Special Category Status, including tax incentives
2.    Bridging the Resource Gap
3.    Polavaram Project
4.    Formation of a RailwayZone
5.    Establishment of Greenfield Crude Oil Refinery & Petrochemical Complex
6.    Financial Assistance to Amaravati
7.    Institutes of National Importance
8.    Formation of Duggirajupatnam port at Nellore
9.    Increase of Seats in A.P. State Legislative Assembly
10.    Anomalies in Taxation Matters
11.    Steel Plant at YSR Kadapa District
12.    Establishment of Vizag-Chennai Industrial Corridor
13.    Vishakhapatnam and Vijayawada Metro
14.    Rapid Rail and Road Connectivity to Amaravati
15.    Development Assistance to Backward Districts
16.    Payment of Power Dues by Discom
17.    Apportionment of Schedule IX Institutions
18.    Apportionment of Schedule X Institutions
19.    Formation of Greyhound Training Centre 
On Rs. 13,472 crores given to APSir, hon. FM and President of AP BJP unit have been trumpeting through press conferences that they have given Rs. 13,472 crores to AP and they have also said that they have never given such huge amount to any other State.  Let me explain in a minute what they have given and under which head they have given.What GOI given    What GoAP is asking    UC Status Head    Amount (Cr) 16078 crores    
No need to submit UC
Revenue deficit    3979.50        
Polavaram    5363    GoAP already spend 13,053 crores.  58,000 crores is the project cost. RR needs 33,000 crores.    
UC Submitted
11 Institutes    576    11,672 crores    No need to submit UCs
New capital + Vijayawada Underdrainage     1550  + 1000    43,000 crores (for infrastructure alone)    32% UCs submitted for drainage works & 1582 cr. UCs submitted for capital
Backward districts    1050    At par with KBK &Bundelkhand region. 23,000 cr. asked by GoAP    UCs for 946 cr. Submitted 92% money spent
Agriculture University    135        Announced in this year Budget
AIIMS    54.61    1650    No need to submit UCs
Total    13708            You are saying that you have given Rs, 13,472 crores.  But, what you have given is this.  
    Out of 16,078 crores revenue deficit, you have given 3,979 crores.
    For Polavaram, project cost is 58,000 crores, but you have given 6,764 crores.
    You have given 576 crores for 11 institutions whereas the required amount is 11,672 crores.
    For new capital, we need 43,000 crores, but you have given 1550 crores.
    We should get 23,000 crores for backward districts, but you have given 1050 crores.
    So, GoAP is asking for 1.54 lakh crores, whereas, you have given just 13,472 crores.  
Government is saying that it is fulfilling all the promises.  Madam, merely giving 2-3% of funds, is it fulfillment?!  Mr. PM, is this justified?!
Now, let me come under which head/section you have given us money.
    Madam, revenue deficit has been given as mandated under Section 46(2) of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for Polavaram as mandated under Section 90 of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for institutions under Section 93 & Schedule 13 of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for new capital as directed under Section 94(3) of AP Reorganisation Act.
    Money has been given for backward districts as directed under Section 46(3) of AP Reorganisation Act.
Madam Speaker, they are saying that they have given 13,472 crores. I agree. But, they are all given under compulsion, as mandated by the AP Reorganisation Act.  So, to say that they have given this money to AP without mandate is ridiculous.  They have given, because they are mandated to give, but it is riddled with deceit, and woefully short of being adequate. It certainly builds no confidence and no trust.

Amaravati
Section 94(3) says that financial support for creation of essential facilities in the new capital of AP would be provided by GOI.  The estimates were made.  Madam, Rs. 43,000 crores is required over a period of 5 years to construct essential infrastructure in Amaravati.  But, GOI has given just 1,500 crores and now screaming, instead of releasing more money, that GoAP has not submitted UCs in spite of submitting the same.  Madam, out of 1,500 crores given by GOI, GoAP submitted UCs for 1,583 crores.  
₹ 3,500 crores is the cost for Patel statue in Gujarat.  ₹ 3,000 crores is the cost for Shivaji statue in Maharashtra.  But, you have given just ₹ 1,500 crores for new capital Amaravati?! Mr. Prime Minister, how is this justified? How do you expect us to build a smart, greenfield capital city with just 1,500cr?
Madam, PM is constructing Dholera city in Gujarat.  It is 80 kms away from Ahmedabad.  Dholera would be twice the size of Delhi, which took 1000 years to grow to what it is now.  Dholera proposed to be six times bigger than Shanghai.  Is it wrong for the enterprising people of Andhra Pradesh to dream of having a world class capital? 
Secondly, Mr. Modi is on record saying that if voted to power, he would build us a capital bigger and better than Delhi. He himself advised our CM to visit Asthana, the capital of Kazakhstan.  Is it not true, Mr. PM?  Madam, I wish to bring to your notice and to the notice of the House that an amount of 68 billion dollars have been spent in building the capital of Kazakhstan, Asthana.  How can Amaravati be built with 1,500 crores?  
Thirdly, GoAP pooled 33,000 acres of land through pooling method which is one of its kind in India the value of which is more than Rs. 50,000 crores.  Now, it is being followed by every State.  For Navi Mumbai, they are giving 48,000 acres to ease pressure on Mumbai.  Now, opposition parties are criticizing why should you have 33,000 acres?  But, the moot point is, what are you doing to those farmers who have sacrificed their land for the capital?  
UCs on Amaravati, Backward districts, Polavaram
Amaravati has been given Rs. 2,500 crores. Out of this, Rs. 1,000 crores was given to Vijayawada (460 cr.) and Guntur (540) underground drainage.   Rs. 1500 crores is for capital.  For drainage, 32% work has been completed.   UCs have been submitted for 32% of work. 
[EXHIBIT-2]
It is 4 years work.  In one-and-a-half years, we have completed 32% of work.  We have submitted UCs for works to the tune of 330 crores.  BJP is saying that only 8% has been spent.  It is wrong. This can be checked through the Public Finance Management online software in the Finance Ministry.  It is there. 
Even for backward districts, out of 1050 crores, we have spent so far 946 crores and submitted UCs.  Moreover, AP is listed as the third State in submitting UCs.  Sir, we have spent 92% funds.  BJP says that only 12% funds have been spent.  It is wrong.  Raising the bogey of UCs and suspecting and unnecessarily tarnishing the image of CM of AP is not acceptable.  Recently, 350 crores have been recommended afresh by Finance Ministry and the RBI released it on February 9, 2018.  But, PMO stopped giving clearance on 15th February. So, funds have gone back to RBI.  
Discrepancies in AP Reorganisation Act
As I said earlier, through AP Reorganisation Bill, both the national parties played havoc with its provisions and its wording.  This was the strategy of the Congress to leave room in the wording to legally back out of the commitments at a later date and BJP, instead of opposing this, supported these words when Bill was passed. And, now, BJP is using these ‘flexibilities’ to claim that they are doing everything legally required as in the case of railway zone, steel plant, metro, etc. The Act uses the ambiguous terms interspersed with words like ‘examine”, “feasibility”, “provisional estimate” deliberately to have an escape route without binding them to fulfill the commitments and assurances of the Act. We demand that the provisions of AP Reorganisation Act should be fulfilled both in letter and spirit and without taking shelter under these ambiguous words. 
The point I am trying to drive at is whatever has been given, has been given as mandated by the AP Reorganisation Act or as per the Award of 14th FC which has also been given to other States.  So, there is nothing ‘special’ or ‘exclusively’ given for AP.  So, it is not charity; it is mandatory.  You have not shown any magnanimity or showered your blessings on us in the form of additional allocations.  It is the mandate given to you by the Act and the Commission.  Any Government at the Centre has to do it.  And, you have not given even a single penny as a part of any of the assurances given by PM.  This is what the people of AP are demanding. 

Sir, while we are asking to implement the assurances, the FM and Mr. Haribabu, former head of AP BJP, are telling what they have given under AP Reorganisation Act.  When we ask why meager allocations have been given under various provisions of AP Reorganisation Act, they say that thousands of crores are proposed under various projects.  
If we ask one thing, you reply another thing.  Sir, this spit-and-run won't work anymore.  We are not asking you to deposit Rs. 15 lakhs in the bank account every citizen of Andhra Pradesh.  We are only demanding our rights.

Polavaram
    I come to Polavaram which is lifeline of AP.  It is our dream.  I am not going to dwell this issue in detail.  My colleague, Mr. Ram will deal this issue in detail.  But, I only wish to say that the revised DPR submitted by the GoAP with an estimated cost of Rs. 58,000 crores which also contains rehabilitation and resettlement be approved by the Central Water Commission and the project be completed as per Schedule of 2019.
On Railway Zone
{EXHIBIT – 4}
    Madam, new Railway Zone at Visakhapatnam is part of the AP Reorganisation Act.  CM of AP started pursuing this since 8th December, 2014. Now, a shocking news item appeared in The Indian Express on 16th March, 2018.  It revealed recommendations of the Committee on creation of a separate Railway Zone at Visakhapatnam.  The House is aware who ‘prepared’ the Report.  I was shocked looking at the language that has been used in the Report.  It purportedly says that creation of a separate railway zone at Vizag is ‘catastrophic’ and like ‘putting many nails in the coffin of the Indian Railways because the new Zone will be confined to only one State.’  
I ask the hon. Railway Minister: Was it not ‘catastrophic’ and not ‘putting nails in the coffin’ when 7 railway zones were created?  I am not dealing with this issue in detail.  My colleague, Mr. Ram Mohan will deal this issue at length.
Educational institutions
    Madam, for 11 Central institutions only Rs. 638 crores has been given against the requirement of Rs. 11673 crores.  They are going on at snail’s pace and at this rate of funding it would take 20-30 years to complete.  
It is no exaggeration when I say that VIT and SRM institutions have been constructed in AP in just one year.  
And most importantly, when BJP can construct its Headquarters at Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg in Delhi in just 11/2years time, why cannot BJP Government construct institutions in 2-3 years is a big question to be replied by the PM.
I suggest for consideration of the FM, let there be a revolving fund with Rs. 5,000 or 6,000 crores and take up works and complete them in fixed timelines. 
On Vizag-Chennai Industrial Corridor
    This is one more injustice done to AP.  GOI has given Delhi-Mumbai Industrial Corridor Rs. 17,500 crores as equity through NICDIT and has okayed an additional Rs. 1,000 crores as grant-in-aid.  Funds released to SPVs formed between GOI and respective State Governments.  
Secondly, GOI has taken up Mumbai-Gurgaon Expressway connecting country’s two most backward districts Mewat in Haryana and Dahod in Gujarat in 3 years.  It costs ₹ 60,000 crores.  
But, nothing has been done on Vizag-Chennai Industrial Corridor!  So, I ask the PM and FM the reasons behind this.
On Crude Oil Refinery & Petroleum Complex
    This should be taken up by HPCL-GAIL consortium.  But, GOI is asking for Rs. 1,200 crores as Viability Gap Funding.  Why should the GoAP pay this when the beneficiary is GOI?  The Ministry of Petroleum asking GoAP to give VGF.  Mr. PM, is it not true that similar project was set up in Assam in which 50% subsidy for the project was given by the GOI and you only inaugurated that project.  So, my point is, why this differential treatment between AP and Assam regarding setting up of refinery.  Secondly, it is mandated in the AP Reorganisation Act that GOI will fulfill this.  So, VGF has to be given by GOI.  Let me substantiate my point.  
On Vizag & Vijayawada Metro 
    We had submitted DPR in 2015 for Vizag and Vijayawada Metro.  GOI has given in principle approval.  This has also been mentioned by the President of BJP in his letter to CM of AP.  But, what he has not mentioned is that the DPR sent back to AP saying that policy has changed hence submit a new DPR, instead of approving the project and making financial sanctions.  The problem is: Under the new Metro Policy, burden of raising funds will be on GoAP.  So, where from GoAP could generate funds when you are not increasing the FRBM limit to AP?  So, our demand is GOI should give Viability Gap Funding to these projects and approvals should be given on fast-track if they are sincere and committed to the development of AP.  

Escalation Process by TDP 
TDP waited four long years and 5 budgets of the Central Govt, no justice has been done to the state of Andhra Pradesh.  We have been requesting, forcefully requesting, demanding, protesting and threatening and then we walked out of the Govt, where our 2 Ministers resigned from the Cabinet. In order to bring it to the attention of the Parliament which decided the fate of Andhra Pradesh in 2014 by bifurcating the State unscientifically and in an undemocratic manner, as a last resort, we decided to disrupt Parliament, which is a part of democratic process, a weapon by weaker parties against an authoritative Government.
These decisions was not taken in a hurry, we've been continuously escalating and giving Government every opportunity to meet the fulfillments. Nothing has changed for us to re-evaluate our options, as the next step TDP pulled out of NDA, and then we moved this No-Confidence Motion. 
Misleading, delaying, deflecting, confusing, collusion & coercion tactics 
a.    14FC is taken as shield for not giving SCS.
b.    GST is taken as shield for not giving Industrial incentives.
c.    Paltry funding will take 20-30 years for completing the institutions.  
d.    Modi Regime has been saying that they are still evaluating the Railway Zone, studying feasibility of the Integrated Steel Plant at Kadapa, apart from other issues.
While we were protesting the Govt to deliver their promises, BJP has been delaying, misleading, colluding with our rival parties in AP and it has encouraged them to attack TDP!
TDP MPs are on the Watch List and YSRCP MPs are on Guest List of PM and Amit Shah.  No-Confidence Motion – Match FixingThis was neither a sudden decision nor a sudden action. We had started our demands, albeit politely, right from the first full-fledged Budget presented in 2014-15.  We have gradually escalated our demands.  We have waited for 4 years – till the last Budget.  Then, we withdrew our Ministers; we walked out of NDA; we started disrupting – though regrettable – the House as a last resort; and, finally, we have given notice of No-Confidence Motion, because there is trust-deficit.  It is only now the attention of the media and the entire country has been drawn as to why TDP has given notice of No-Confidence Motion.  What is AP deprived of?  How much of AP’s demands are genuine?   Finally, all political parties, media and the entire country understood and realized that YES, injustice has been done to AP.  It is only after that, we have this huge support inside and outside Parliament.  So, it is totally wrong and is a misconception. Rather, we have given every opportunity to GOI and BJP to fulfill assurances given and provisions of AP Reorganisation Act.  But, alas, nothing came out.  Now, you tell us, Madam; let the House tell us, let the country tell us what option do we have?  What way out do we have?  What can we do when FM categorically and bluntly says that no Special Category Status would be given to AP?  What can we do when PM, FM, Railway Minister and the entire Modi Regime ride roughshod over the people of AP?  We have no option left, because the people of AP and our CM have lost faith in the Modi Regime.  So, my party leader, Shri Chandrababu Naidu, has taken a very bold and conscious decision to walk out of the Govt and NDA and fight for the rights of the people of AP from inside and outside Parliament.  And, this No-Confidence Motion is the beginning of that fight.  

BJP Strategy BJP is in the process of weakening regional parties. It’s done in North East, now they are trying in TN and AP.All your oldest allies, whether it is SS in Maharashtra or Akali Dal in Punjab or JDU – even though it is also an old ally, it left and joined again due to political compulsions – are not happy with the alliance dharma that you are showing because for you politics is not charity.  Here, I remember what your General Secretary, Shri Ram Madhav said at the BJP State level Executive Meeting held in Warangal on 23rd July, 2017, and I quote:“Politics have to be coldblooded. Politics are not for doing charity.  We do politics only to capture power.  The aim of politics is to capture power.  There is no scope for emotions in politics.”But, for TDP politics are sacred and this fight of TDP is Dharma Poratam, not a coldblooded fight.Your political strategy, if I were to use the word in business terms, is called ‘creeping acquisition’ followed by ‘hostile takeover.’  You demonstrated this time and again and now attempting it in North-East and TN.  The most recent moves you are making in AP suggest the same strategy being adopted in AP as well.  Is it alliance dharma to use an ally’s rivals to attack them?  Is it alliance dharma to negotiate with YSRCP which is principal opposition party in AP, in whose government you were also a partner?  Is the National BJP a different party than the State BJP?  Are we to remain silent when our partner is flirting and having an affair with our political rivals?What is BJP’s definition of ally?  What is our definition of an ally?  When we think of an ally, we think of a partner.  We were allies and partners in NDA-I and we were treated like allies and partners.  Other coalitions have also maintained this Dharma and worked with partners for mutual benefit.  But, this Modi-Shah regime seems to have a different definition for ally.  For them, it is a zero sum game and this is how they approach.  They believe that they can only benefit at the expense of their ally.  To achieve this, they nurture relationship with all the rivals of allies.  They strengthen, finance and give them strategy, consultancy to weaken their ally to create a vacuum in the State.  They use divisive strategies and tactics to divide people on the lines of caste, religion or through any other sentiments that they can evoke to drive division in the society.  They are disruptive and dispassionate in their approach without considering the cost of human lives and cost to the nation.  This is the NDA of today under Modi-Shah regime which is authoritarian, intolerant, repressive, autocratic and Machiavellian.  Look at how allies are being destroyed in Arunachal Pradesh, Maharashtra, JK, and Bihar.  Their approach is to destroy their allies by starving them of funds and turning public opinion against them.  They want their allies to not perform and use it against them.  They do it by controlling the flow of money and other resources.   It is disappointing to note that the Modi Regime is trying to mar the image of the Senior-most Leader in the Country, Shri Nara Chandrababu Naidu Garu.  With over 40 years of Assembly experience, he has an unblemished record.  When he was the Leader of the Opposition in the AP Assembly for 10 years, 26 Committees/Commissions were constituted to pin him down.  But, not even a single Commission/Committee proved him guilty.  This shows how clean he is in public life.  He was the first to come into the fold of NDA2. With vast experience, he submitted reports on Micro Irrigation, Swachh Bharat, and Digital transactions.  It is quite unfortunate that Sri Chandrababu Naidu Garu who was instrumental in national politics and played a vital role in National Front, United Front, NDA1 and now NDA2, is being treated with disdain. 

AP No, 1 status and Major schemes of GoAPIn spite of neglect and brickbats, 

AP is No 1 in Ease of doing Businesses - 2nd time in a row

AP is No 1 in Best Infrastructure Andhra Pradesh has bagged India Today’s prestigious ‘State of States Award’ for having the best infrastructure in the country. 

["Andhra's improved air connectivity, with 11 airports (existing and planned), four major ports and the planned 975-km coastal Visakhapatnam-Chennai Industrial Corridor should make the state a top player,”] 

AP is No 1 in Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness.

The World Bank has ranked Andhra Pradesh number one in Energy Efficiency Implementation Readiness.

[The World Bank felt that the political will, visionary leadership and result oriented approach of the State Administration, headed by Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu, helped the state in achieving the first rank with an overall score of 42.01]

AP is No 1 in Marine exportsAP bagged the Digital Leader of the year (award for the best utilisation of technology in governance).

Andhra Pradesh Minister for IT, Panchayat Raj and Rural Development Nara Lokesh received the “Digital Leader of the Year” award at the Business World Digital India Summit and Awards 2018.

AP stands 1st in India in GSDP growth rate

AP is the 1st state in inter-linking of rivers Pattiseema Project (linking Krishna and Godavari rivers)

AP is among the top 3 states in agriculture and horticulture

Further, our CM has been able to implement majority of the promises made to the people of AP and gone beyond that for the welfare and wellbeing of the people of AP.

On first day of assuming office, our CM has waived off Rs. 24,000 crores of farm loans to benefit 61 lakh farmers.

Under NTR Bharosa, Rs. 1000 per month is given as pension to senior citizens and widows.  

Safe and protected drinking water for all the households under NTR Sujala.

By using the latest Technologies, we have made AP is No .1 in production of Maize, Lemon, Chillies, Palm oil, fisheries, Prawns and sheep herding and 2nd place in Paddy, Tomato and Poultry segments.

Pattiseema integration of rivers within a record time of one year helped drought affected Rayalaseema.

Implementing BC Sub plan with Rs 10000 Cr.   It is 1st in country to have BC sub plan. Rs 40000 crores has been spent so far in the last 4 years.  
   Implementing SC/ST Sub plan and spent 30,000 crores in 4 years.

Rs 1000 Cr for the welfare of the Muslims. 

Integration of 5 Rivers.

NTR Arogya Raksha Rs 1200 per year will provide 2 lakhs health insurance.

Centre vs States & Co-operative federalismResentment against Govt increases. More & more members from different parties are protesting.  What is the accountability of the Central Govt if promises, commitments, and Acts of Parliament are not fulfilled? There is a trust deficit between the Centre and the States.Madam, the PM is a legend in coining words and phrases.   It is nice to hear co-operative federalism.  BJP talks about co-operative federalism.  Congress talks about co-operative federalism.  But, what does it mean?  It means, the Centre and States work collectively to solve problems.  The PM says that he is champion of co-operative federalism since he has devolved 42% of Central taxes have been devolved to States which is the highest.

I strongly feel that just because Centre gives 42%, does not mean that it can take States for a ride!In fact, if you calculate, it does not come to 42%; it would be somewhere between 38-39%.  Let me explain this.  Earlier, GOI used to get Rs. 5 out of every Rs. 100 it collected from States.  But, now, there are Cesses, such as Krishi Kalyan Cess, Swachch Bharat Cess, Education Cess, etc.  GOI does not share money collected through these Cesses with States. Through these Cesses, GOI is now getting Rs. 13 and only the remaining Rs. 87 is distributed among the States.  Secondly, Centrally Sponsored Schemes have been reduced from 116 to 66 which increases the burden on States. So, effectively, it is not 42%, but it is somewhere 38-39%.  So, what I wanted to say is: Does the Union not have the commitment towards States?  They are making tall promises, but not delivering them.  In our case, it is not promises, it is about implementation of an Act of Parliament, Cabinet decisions taken on the assurances given by PM in Parliament.  If you don’t implement the Cabinet decisions, what sort of co-operative federalism are you talking about?

National Issues

Farm loan waiver -- What commitment Modi Sarkar has towards farmers.  Rich states like TS, MH, RJ, etc., can give loan waiver to their farmers. What about farmers of poor states and revenue deficit AP.  Are AP farmers children of a lesser God? What is the fate of farmers in revenue deficit states?15th Finance Commission -- The 15th Finance Commission is taking into account population of 2011 as basis for devolution of fund.  It means, the performing States are being punished for controlling population.  States are demanding that 1971 population should be taken as basis for devolution of funds, because performing States have done on all fronts, including controlling the population between 1971 and 2011.  So, you are, through 15th FC, punishing performing States and dolling out money to non-performing States.Mob lynching – Madam, the less I speak about mob lynching the better it is.  We have umpteen cases right from Rajasthan to Kerala.  But, PM is conspicuously silent on such an important issue which shook the nation.  Farmers – Madam, we have seen how farmers from TN staged protest for more than a month at Jantar Mantar for waiver of farm loan.  This Modi Government is insensitive towards farmers.  I am not going deep into issues, be it Rs. 5 given for sugarcane growers or 1.5 times of MSP.  MSP declared recently is not what Dr. Swaminathan has recommended.  

I demand that MSP should be what Dr. Swaminathan has recommended.E-NAM – Modi trumpeted about E-NAM, but it proved to be a dam squib.  Madam, I represent Guntur Constituency which produces 25% of world’s chilli production.  Even here the E-NAM project is a big failure.  What the PM says on this?

Safety & Security of Women and Children – Madam, where is this country going?  Can we ever think of safety and security of women and girls under this Government?  I would not like to go deep into the issue since other hon. Member, I am sure, would dwell this issue at length.  

NPAs – It is mindboggling that NPAs have reached nearly 12 lakh crores.  The banking system is crumbling.  Confidence in the banking system is shrinking.  PM claims that 32 of poor have been given bank accounts.  When there is no trust on banks, how do we expect that people would keep their money in banks?  If this trend continues, the days are numbered when banking system in India collapses.Depreciation of rupee – Madam, I draw the attention of the hon. PM.  When he was CM of Gujarat, he was very critical of the Government of the day when rupee reached 45 or 46 mark.  Now, we have rupee at nearly 70.  What would the hon. PM say now?  

I only request him to take necessary steps to control the rapid slide of rupee.Unemployment – The less I talk about unemployment the better it is.  The rate of unemployment is going up like anything.  Younger generation is frustrating waiting for an opportunity to throw this Government in 2019.  It is their anger and anguish which punishes this Government, because it failed to create employment opportunities.Our CM has met the PM and many other Ministers 29 times during the last 31/2 years.  He met Ministers personally going to their offices even though protocol does not require this. He waited for five full Budgets that Modi Regime would take steps to fulfill the promises made on the Floor of Rajya Sabha on 20th February, 2014, and implement various provisions of AP Reorganisation Act. We were utterly disappointed and brutally neglected. Media gave little importance to these.  I appeal to the media in the North to first, at least telecast the factual position and not telecast tinkered and twisted facts.  

I also appeal the entire House, with folded hands, to understand the injustice and support AP, our CM and this Motion.Madam, in 2019, very many surveys predict that there would be hung Parliament.  Even if they are able to form the Government, BJP will not have majority; it will be minority Government.  And, when you are looking for allies whom do you think that they come forward.  When you are transactional would your allies also not be transactional?   The style of your leadership, tactics, strategy have been seen and understood by everyone and now there is a strong sentiment to change this regime.ConclusionMadam, from ‘the State of AP’, we have become ‘residuary State of AP.’

We are not asking to turn the clock back.  We are only asking to do justice to AP.  

Madam, in conclusion, it is quite relevant and necessary to quote what Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel said.  He said: “It will be folly to ignore realities; facts take their revenge, if they are not faced squarely and well.”This quote exactly suits to Andhra Pradesh.  

And, I am sure the PM, the President of BJP and the FM will realize that it will be folly to ignore realities, because facts and truth will take their revenge.   Hence, I demand the PM to, at least, give a hand-holding to structurally defective State of AP by conferring SCS on it and to direct the FM, the Railway Minister and other Ministers to immediately take steps to fulfill all the assurances given to AP and to implement all the provisions of AP Reorganisation Act with fixed timelines.  

Even now they are not extending a hand-holding, I remember a saying which I wish to quote here.  It says:Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice shame on me. We have been fooled once.There is no room for negotiations.  AP was broken and crippled by the Center and left with these Rights. The People of Andhra Pradesh demand their Rights.

With these observations, I commend the Motion to the House and request the entire House with folded hands to support this Motion and impress and convince the Government of India to grant SCS to AP and other assurances given by the PM and implement provisions of AP Reorganisation Act within a fixed timeframe.

Thank you.

What a speech :terrific:

Archived