Isuzu Motors rolls out 10,000th vehicle from Sri City plant

Isuzu Motors rolls out 10,000th vehicle from Sri City plant

The 'D-MAX V-Cross', the company's first Adventure Utility Vehicle, was the 10,000th rollout from the factory, which became operational in April 2016.

Isuzu-D-Max-V-Cross-770x433.jpg

Tokyo-headquartered automobile major Isuzu Motors today rolled out its 10,000th vehicle from its facility at Sri City, about 110 km from here.

The 'D-MAX V-Cross', the company's first Adventure Utility Vehicle, was the 10,000th rollout from the factory, which became operational in April 2016.

The facility, spread across 107 acres, is one of the key manufacturing units for Isuzu globally, a company statement said. "The roll out of the 10,000th vehicle marks an important milestone in the journey of Isuzu in India", company Managing Director Naohiro Yamaguchi said.

Besides serving the domestic market,Isuzu Motors exports vehicles to Nepal and Bhutan from this plant. In March, Isuzu Motors surpassed cumulative sales of 10,000 units.

The company currently retails D-MAX V-Cross, premium seven seater SUV 'mu-X' and variants of D-MAX pick ups in the commercial segments, the statement added.
First Published on Jul 13, 2018 08:15 pm

7 minutes ago, APDevFreak said:

If they can make some mid-segment cars, they will do good in India. Why will someone buy an Isuzu pickup truck around 15 lakhs, when Mahindra sells bolero for half of the price.

good question. but why do people buy iPhone for 40000rs, where they can get RedMi for 10000rs(with more memory and higher resolution screen)?

1 hour ago, swarnandhra said:

good question. but why do people buy iPhone for 40000rs, where they can get RedMi for 10000rs(with more memory and higher resolution screen)?

i phone konetollu enta mandi unnaru.. mamulu phone kone vallu enta mandi.. meeku idea unda..

4 minutes ago, surapaneni1 said:

i phone konetollu enta mandi unnaru.. mamulu phone kone vallu enta mandi.. meeku idea unda..

I do but not as much as you apparently.

my intent was to convey both are successful companies with different business models. It is not necessary to price compatible products at same level.

Isuzu v Cross is a different segment and not comparable to Bolero on any front

Isuzu Vcross is the chaeapest and only option  available for us in India, bayata marketslo there are modes from every major player like ford, toyota, VW, Mitsubishi, nissan have models

Indialo ee vehicles inka market build avvaledu hope some day it will come

1 hour ago, swarnandhra said:

I do but not as much as you apparently.

my intent was to convey both are successful companies with different business models. It is not necessary to price compatible products at same level.

1 hour ago, BalayyaTarak said:

Isuzu v Cross is a different segment and not comparable to Bolero on any front

Isuzu Vcross is the chaeapest and only option  available for us in India, bayata marketslo there are modes from every major player like ford, toyota, VW, Mitsubishi, nissan have models

Indialo ee vehicles inka market build avvaledu hope some day it will come

Exactly there is no market for high cost pickup trucks in India like Europe and US as of now.  Mostly farmers use it abroad.

for India, Pickup trucks are used by small scale business people and Bolero suffice their needs.

BTW, I brought iphone and redminote 4, both had glass break. I spent 12000rs for iphone and 3500rs for redminote4. Maintenance cost is something we Indians look for.

Once our farmers start producing in high scale, there might be demand for pickup trucks.

Isuzu engines have a good reputation and want them to succeed. 

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, surapaneni1 said:

avunu bro.. ippudu kia kuda ante...

1 hour ago, Nfdbno1 said:

just asking,do they just assemble parts here?

Any automotive company will do the same kada, from where these parts are being supplied/sourced is important 

Kia is going to be CBU here, which means major chunk of parts also going to be sourced here in India and unit would be exported and used for domestic sales

Isuzu also I think they are CBU and export being done from here to Indonesia

Archived