PM Modi eats mushrooms worth Rs 1.2 crore every month

BANASKANTH: Latest in the line of peculiar allegations hurled this election season is Congress ally in Gujarat Alpesh Thakor’s claim that the complexion of Prime Minister Narendra Modi has turned fair because he eats mushrooms imported from Taiwan that cost Rs 80,000 per piece.

“Someone told me that you can’t eat what Modi ji eats, because it’s not a food for the poor,” Thakor said addressing a gathering in Gujarat's Vadgaon, and continued the anecdote, saying he was told that the Prime Minister eats mushrooms that come from Taiwan.

“One mushroom costs Rs 80,000, and he eats five mushrooms a day. That is why I wonder how he turned so fair. He was as dark as me,” Thakor added.

Thakor also alleged that the same person told him that Prime Minister Modi has been eating those mushrooms since he became the chief minister of Gujarat, in 2001.

#WATCH Modi Ji eats mushrooms from Taiwan, one mushroom costs Rs 80 thousand & he eats 5 mushrooms a day. He was dark like me but he became fair because of imported mushrooms: Alpesh Thakor, activist & Congress leader #GujaratElection2017pic.twitter.com/jh5QPN27SD

— ANI (@ANI) December 12, 2017

“The Prime Minister who eats mushrooms worth Rs 1.20 crore in a month, you can imagine how many crores of money his workers must be eating up,” Thakor added.

Amidst the Gujarat elections, both Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and Congress Party are leaving no stone unturned to claim victory.

The controversial statements range from Congress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar’s “Neech” remark at the Prime Minister to the allegations of treason against Aiyar and other senior Congress leaders by Prime Minister Modi.

6 hours ago, Gunner said:

Alpesh, jignesh lantolla statements pattukuni ooregithe manam kuda bombai avutam

One of the greater joys of human achievement , restraining self and seeking communion with reason - especially in the midst of crude passions which wont level with facts ;

Luckily, it is CBN who is at the helm presently for TDP;  he is not one who get easily swayed by raw emotions & edgy reactions away from commonsense ..... a coveted Leadership attribute...

War - At trenches on the ground levels, not going to be pretty, it gets dirty, foot soldiers wont always maintain the highest order of decorum and decency,and zeal for facts. It is the gross nature of war.

(Sensible upper echelon brass, leaders, statesmen - try hard to maintain their mental constitution and commonsense, not that they want the 'win' any less than the foot soldiers, just for the sole reason of desiring that win even more;  for that reason they try siding with hard facts irrespective of mental feelings.)

Archived