• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Homeless computer graduate becomes Andhra Pradesh’s first transgender employee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DStf-BaVwAUk7HV.jpg

Hyderabad: Twenty-six-year old transgender Penugonda Siva alias Janaki has neither a family to live with nor a home to stay in. She lives in a temple along with some other friends in Chennuru of Andhra's Kadapa district. But, she is now proud to have been involved in a government project that makes hundreds of families owners of houses.

Janaki is the first beneficiary of a policy announced by the Chandrababu Naidu government to provide employment to transgender persons to help them live with dignity. By virtue of a graduate degree (Bachelor of Science) in computer science, Janaki was offered a data entry operator job as an outsourcing employee in the state housing corporation for a fixed salary of Rs 15,000 per month. She was posted at the office of the Assistant Engineer (AE), Housing Corporation in Chennuru.

"I segregate the applications we receive from all the ten villages under our jurisdiction. Once our AE sir (Assistant Engineer) gives his nod, I feed in the system the details of the eligible applicants. I also tackle the correspondence on behalf of our office".

The job offer came to her with a great surprise. "We (transgender persons) all were actually called by the district collector for issue of Aadhar and voter ID cards. While addressing us, the collector sir asked us why we were not educated. I told him that I am a graduate in computer science and also hold B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education). He was surprised and asked me to apply for a job. I did. Thus, I got this job".

The Naidu government recently announced a transgender policy that offers pensions, ration, houses, loans to take up self-employment and jobs in the government and public sectors for educated ones.

"I knew my hidden hijra instincts from childhood. But, my family never allowed me to express. My parents are uneducated, but my sister and two brothers are well educated. After completing degree from Proddatur college in 2012, I joined BEd college before running away from home. I joined a transgender group at Kadapa. My whole appearance changed since. I started living the life of an orphan along with the other hijras. But, in 2013, I attended the BEd exams wearing pant and cap on my head (to cover long hair)", she narrated.

Janaki tried meeting her family but was asked to stay away. "One cannot forget the family and its affection. But, when the family sees us as a stigma, we as their well-wishers have to leave them to their freedom. Very rarely my mother comes to see me at some location where we both will not be identified", she explained.

Having lived seeking alms for over five years, Janaki is enjoying her first job. "Our AE Gopalakrishna sir encourages me a lot. He asks me not to feel different from others. I am enjoying my work", Janaki says. Interestingly, Janaki is the fan of singer S Janaki. She made S Janaki her WhatsApp display picture.

When she gets her first salary sometime this week, she wants to send some money to her parents before celebrating with her friends. "I will take a room for rent. I know most part of my salary will go for cosmetics we use", says Janaki who sounds very practical.

And, Janaki's life goal is to do Masters in computer science and pursue career in teaching field.

AP Housing Corporation Kadapa district project director K Rajasekhar said, "She is doing her job well. The chief Minister referred to her case as the first transgender employee at a public meeting".

30 minutes ago, Yaswanth526 said:

Homeless computer graduate becomes Andhra Pradesh’s first transgender employee

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DStf-BaVwAUk7HV.jpg

Hyderabad: Twenty-six-year old transgender Penugonda Siva alias Janaki has neither a family to live with nor a home to stay in. She lives in a temple along with some other friends in Chennuru of Andhra's Kadapa district. But, she is now proud to have been involved in a government project that makes hundreds of families owners of houses.

Janaki is the first beneficiary of a policy announced by the Chandrababu Naidu government to provide employment to transgender persons to help them live with dignity. By virtue of a graduate degree (Bachelor of Science) in computer science, Janaki was offered a data entry operator job as an outsourcing employee in the state housing corporation for a fixed salary of Rs 15,000 per month. She was posted at the office of the Assistant Engineer (AE), Housing Corporation in Chennuru.

"I segregate the applications we receive from all the ten villages under our jurisdiction. Once our AE sir (Assistant Engineer) gives his nod, I feed in the system the details of the eligible applicants. I also tackle the correspondence on behalf of our office".

The job offer came to her with a great surprise. "We (transgender persons) all were actually called by the district collector for issue of Aadhar and voter ID cards. While addressing us, the collector sir asked us why we were not educated. I told him that I am a graduate in computer science and also hold B.Ed. (Bachelor of Education). He was surprised and asked me to apply for a job. I did. Thus, I got this job".

The Naidu government recently announced a transgender policy that offers pensions, ration, houses, loans to take up self-employment and jobs in the government and public sectors for educated ones.

"I knew my hidden hijra instincts from childhood. But, my family never allowed me to express. My parents are uneducated, but my sister and two brothers are well educated. After completing degree from Proddatur college in 2012, I joined BEd college before running away from home. I joined a transgender group at Kadapa. My whole appearance changed since. I started living the life of an orphan along with the other hijras. But, in 2013, I attended the BEd exams wearing pant and cap on my head (to cover long hair)", she narrated.

Janaki tried meeting her family but was asked to stay away. "One cannot forget the family and its affection. But, when the family sees us as a stigma, we as their well-wishers have to leave them to their freedom. Very rarely my mother comes to see me at some location where we both will not be identified", she explained.

Having lived seeking alms for over five years, Janaki is enjoying her first job. "Our AE Gopalakrishna sir encourages me a lot. He asks me not to feel different from others. I am enjoying my work", Janaki says. Interestingly, Janaki is the fan of singer S Janaki. She made S Janaki her WhatsApp display picture.

When she gets her first salary sometime this week, she wants to send some money to her parents before celebrating with her friends. "I will take a room for rent. I know most part of my salary will go for cosmetics we use", says Janaki who sounds very practical.

And, Janaki's life goal is to do Masters in computer science and pursue career in teaching field.

AP Housing Corporation Kadapa district project director K Rajasekhar said, "She is doing her job well. The chief Minister referred to her case as the first transgender employee at a public meeting".

Eeeyana muni ayi poyyaadu saami - sthitha pragnatha ki konchem atoo itooo gaa vundi vuntaadu :adore:

On 03/01/2018 at 8:44 PM, srohith said:

Maadi Chandragiri niyojakavargam, Tirupati rural. Ma inti electricity meter problem ayyi daily 150+ units run ayedi. Bill 3000+ vachinde, local lineman ki report chesi electricity office lo complaint cheste meter replace chesi old meter test chesi chepta annaru.

Kani tarvatha response ledu, madyalo old bill pay cheyyamani force chesaru enni sarlu office ki vellina response ledu.

Eroju ma oorlo Janma Bhoomi program lo complaint cheste immediate ga AE intiki vachi me pata bill pay cheyyalsina avasaram ledu, me old meter 2 days lo vastundi annaru.

Jai Janmabhoomi, Jai CBN, Jai TDP

Super

Archived