S producers don’t spend more than 2C on publicity

Husker

Bollywood superstar Akshay Kumar has said the producers in the South Indian film industries do not spend more than Rs 2 crore on film publicity, which, he said, could be one of the reasons why their films are more profitable.

When asked about the current struggle of the Hindi film industry and a South Film like ‘Bahubali 2: The Conclusion’ becoming the highest grosser of the year, Akshay said “Maybe it has something to do with our content, which is not right. Also, the south is very systematic. They don’t spend more than Rs 2 crore on publicity. They don’t do reality shows or too many press meets. But like us, they also release big films during Diwali and Pongal

Speaking about his upcoming film, Toilet Ek Prem Katha, Akshay said he isn’t concerned about the box office collection of the film which has been made for a social cause.

I am not bothered about box office collections. I am more concerned about the eye balls the film will get. If my producer-distributor can reduce the ticket price, I will be very happy” Akshay added.

‘Toilet: Ek Prem Katha’ releases in theatres on August 11.

Archived