Mee N.T.Rama Rao @ Top#1 - Wins by 71% and 75%

Govindu

Jr NTR back in top league
DECCAN CHRONICLE. | SURESH KAVIRAYANI
Published Sep 7, 2016, 12:00 am IST
Updated Sep 7, 2016, 7:17 am IST
Janata Garage is the hit that actor Jr NTR badly needed to make his mark in the Telugu film industry once again.
dc-Cover-5s6qi3tn4ofogbo7hi0qvgg9b0-2016
  Jr NTR

It’s been a long wait for Jr NTR. In the last five years the actor was almost written off, as none of his films fared well at the box-office. Though his last two films were decent hits, the actor needed a blockbuster to help him compete with the likes of Mahesh Babu, Pawan Kalyan and his uncle Balakrishna. Going by the film’s collections, trade analysts predict this movie will be in the top three slots of Telugu cinema.

The actor is elated. “It feels good and I thank the audiences for their support. I am very happy about the film’s performance at the box office. As for the numbers game, I have said it before too, that I do not attach much importance to it. Doing good films that appeal to me as an actor, is more important to me”, says Jr NTR.

If you look at the actor’s career graph, he became a superstar in his 20s and then suddenly his career moved downward. Many of his films didn’t do well. “Even I wonder... at that time I was too young,” says the actor.

Though the actor didn’t say anything about his future plans, our source says his strategy worked out well for this film. He stayed away from politics, made peace with fans from the two states, including his uncle Balakrishna’s fans.

During the release of his earlier films, people took advantage of his not-so-cordial relations with Balakrishna and AP CM Chandrababu Naidu. Negative stories about his films were planted which affected their box office returns.

Though Jr NTR didn’t seem to care initially, he realised it the hard way that these elements do have a say in the industry and can make or break his film’s box-office run.

---------------------------

taken

• 4 weeks later...

Archived