Ratan Tata : Intolerance a curse

Gunner

Chairman Emeritus of Tata Sons, Ratan Tata, has expressed concern over the alleged growing intolerance in the country, dubbing it "a curse we are seeing of late". 

"I think everybody knows where the intolerance is coming from, what it is. Like many thousands, millions of Indians, one wants to see a country without intolerance," Tata told reporters late last night. 

Minutes before, he had spoken against the alleged growing intolerance in his address at the 119th foundation day function of Scindia School here, endorsing Congress leader Jyotiraditya Scindia's views on the issue. 

"The Maharaja (Jyotiraditya) talked about intolerance. It is a curse we are seeing of late," the eminent industrialist said in his address. 

"We want to live in an environment where we love our fellow men. We don't shoot them, we don't kill them. We don't hold hostages but give a bit of ourselves and we give and take," Tata added. 

Before Tata, Scindia in his address to the students said, "We want you to be winners. We also want you to be thinkers... And the hallmark of a civilised society is debate, discussion and disagreement." 

An "environment of intolerance" was prevailing in the country today, the former Union Minister added. 

"An environment in which each one of us is told what to speak, what to hear, how to dress, what to eat," Scindia said. 

A crackdown on dissent was against the progress of society, the Congress leader said, while hitting out at cow vigilantes. 

One of the best thing Modi has done is put light on psuedo secularism in '14.....It is a start, not end....we have to go a long way...

mind boggling the entrenched psuedo class power in India ...Media, Academics, Political class, Intellectuals(so called)  across so many fields.....ee  jaati lo nara naraallO  psuedo secularism paatukupOyindi..... Next internal wars anni ee  arena lo ne....tappinchukOlem........nijam abaddam renDe renDu.....ee  midi midi vaadam - a  destruction to our progress..

....Western Liberals, Classical Indian Psuedo seculars, Communists , Religious Fundamentalists(disguised in left corners) .........

......mukka mukkalu chEstaaru ee India ni.....They detest everything unique about  India, its thousands of years of Indigenous culture, civilization etc...Time to awaken.....Make no mistake about this....

Any genocides or mass rapes on a significant scale ,  based on ethnicity happening in India in recent times? Am I missing anything?

Ambanis and Adanis being the favourites of the ruling establishment.& TATAs loosing favour could be the real intolerance for Ratan...what else could be?

Dude..stop acting like a fxxcking kunk...

Any genocides or mass rapes on a significant scale ,  based on ethnicity happening in India in recent times? Am I missing anything?

Ambanis and Adanis being the favourites of the ruling establishment.& TATAs loosing favour could be the real intolerance for Ratan...what else could be?

mithavadulu kanumarugu avuthuuu athivadam ekkuva avuthundhi ani thana vuddesam emo.

Any genocides or mass rapes on a significant scale , based on ethnicity happening in India in recent times? Am I missing anything?

You mean skunk rather?

Religious pakkana pedithe intolerance ekkuve ayyindhi...Karnataka/tn andhra/telangana...pastels/jats/kapus....north east lo kelakatam.....

Past tho compare chesukovadam enduku when today is not great

Scindia daggara matlade topic religon ee le bro...vadu congi stooge

why suddenly......

Good question.

I only see the Indian society through someone else' eyes (mostly my mom) because I live far away ... your opinion, as someone who is living in India is lot more valuable (assuming you live in India)  ... trust me on that,  I know.

But, make no mistake ... there is a distinct difference the last few years ... even from afar I can see it.

Before you respond ... remember, I was once a member of RSS and I still respect part of that unit.

There is a distinct difference in self defense and abuse ... I'm seeing the latter Hope you understand.

Good question.

I only see the Indian society through someone else' eyes (mostly my mom) because I live far away ... your opinion, as someone who is living in India is lot more valuable (assuming you live in India)  ... trust me on that,  I know.

But, make no mistake ... there is a distinct difference the last few years ... even from afar I can see it.

Before you respond ... remember, I was once a member of RSS and I still respect part of that unit.

There is a distinct difference in self defense and abuse ... I'm seeing the later  Hope you understand.

how many common people know the word intolerance before media giving publicity?

I do agree that intolerance is there in India...but I don!t agree that it has increased. Intolerance is there even 8 years bac

"We want to live in an environment where we love our fellow men. We don't shoot them, we don't kill them. We don't hold hostages but give a bit of ourselves and we give and take," Tata added.

Phantom  Outrages & Bomb throwing, a classic play in the thick psuedo secular binders of blackmail.......Got to beat this figment, in their heads before it takes to psuedo vernaculars ....It is a war, half measures dont work, got to beat them decisively, intellectually should not give an inch to this kind of lies ......Have a long way to go.......

Good question.

There is a distinct difference in self defense and abuse ... I'm seeing the later  Hope you understand.

Hope you are not talking about isolated events which were blown out of all proportion by opposition and media like Dadri

Phantom  Outrages & Bomb throwing, a classic play in the thick psuedo secular binders of blackmail.......Got to beat this figment, in their heads before it takes to psuedo vernaculars ....It is a war, half measures dont work, got to beat them decisively, intellectually should not give an inch to this kind of lies ......Have a long way to go.......

war against who brother? Beat who decisively? 

Archived