It's my Interview - Life Changing

Bourbon

Hello all ,

As many people showed their interest in helping co-members by sharing their life experiences ,I would like all of you to share your interview experiences also .

Definitely every person who is doing job might have undergone this stage 

So it will be an immense help for juniors 

As we have persons from different sectors we can know about how the questions are being asked and how they answered 

Do stress more on how you handled questions related to personal interests and how you portrayed yourself as an eligible candidate for the job (I mean general questions).How you convinced them about gap in career ? How you presented yourself?

As people here share a diverse base ,one or the other point shared by them might be useful 

Technical questions are different for each area ,so try to avoid them

If anyone here is in a position of HR level , I request you to tell the qualities you really look up in a candidate .

Please don't give a typical answer like confidence . I would like to know from HR point of view 

Please don't scold me for making these threads .This will be my last thread till I really come up with some thing useful 

it depends from org to org...team to team...and mostly what do you expect from the candidate...

While taking interviews - I generally observe these things - am not HR but these are very common things to lookout for

in general need soft skills - how he manages when put in uncomfortable position - elaborate the discussion by asking some of his experiences...And obviously from the way he speaks, we can easily find out his attitude....Is he a friendly co-worker ? Will be take ownership ? Is the person real or fake (i dont mean his work exp, i mean his personality) ?

While giving interviews

Most of the questions and answers are meant to check if you are good at story building on the spot....Everyone knows we give fake answers for strength and weakness....For breaks in career, speak as if you its very casual and you dont really care about that, i mean talk as if its a demanded break for some personal reason...."When I really know I am exhausted and I needed a break, no point working. I finished my project/task, got relieved and took a break."   Always keep original smile on face , talk openly and freely, make friendship, be very casual and give a sense that you are a very good co-worker/friend. 

After all if we fail in the interview, thats not the end....There are 1000s of companies waiting for....do not give too much importance to HR discussions...they are just to accept/reject and 99.999% decision is already made in tech rounds....

Archived