Aus vs. India First Final...CB Series...

1.2       I Sharma to Hayden, no run, across the left hander again, who shoulders arms again as the ball kicks through on a good length, a wide enough angle for him to leave

1.1      I Sharma to Hayden, no run, across the left hander, hits a nagging length immediately and just outside off, the batsman shoulders arms

Here's Ishant Sharma and he stands tall, sizing up his opponent as Hayden asks for a slight sightscreen adjustment. Three slips in

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.2       I Sharma to Hayden, no run, across the left hander again, who shoulders arms again as the ball kicks through on a good length, a wide enough angle for him to leave

1.1      I Sharma to Hayden, no run, across the left hander, hits a nagging length immediately and just outside off, the batsman shoulders arms

Here's Ishant Sharma and he stands tall, sizing up his opponent as Hayden asks for a slight sightscreen adjustment. Three slips in

1.5       I Sharma to Hayden, no run, pushed through on a good length and better line this time outside off

1.4      I Sharma to Hayden, 2 runs, but this ball's too much on the legs, the ball tickled off the pads and it races across the billiard-table surface to fine leg

You can see what Sharma's trying to do, though, push it across him to prompt the cover drive and take the edge

.2       Kumar to Gilchrist, FOUR, hey now, ahort and outside off and Gilchrist rocks back on and cuts hard through the covers, the ball goes all the way as he put all his muscle behind that one

One slip now

2.1      Kumar to Gilchrist, no run, good one, straight, and forcing Gilchrist to defend down with a jump in line with middle and off

One of the groundstaff runs on now with some sawdust, not for the bowler's run-up as would usually be the case, but for one or two holes at short midwicket (to the left hander)

Gilchrist walks off to a rousing reception and India are all a-beam after knocking over one dangerman early. That will boost Kumar beyond measure

2.4      Kumar to Gilchrist, OUT, short ball on off and Gilchrist goes for the hook, not quite getting over the ball as it came on to him faster than antichipated and he scoops up to Yuvraj at mid-on who takes the catch cat-cool

2.6       Kumar to Hayden, no run, shortish ball outside off, punched out to the covers

2.5      Kumar to Hayden, no run, just outside off, continues to stay over for the left hander, on a good length and he defends on the back foot

Gilchrist walks off to a rousing reception and India are all a-beam after knocking over one dangerman early. That will boost Kumar beyond measure

Archived